GSP Puppy - The Adventure Begins

WBouldin

Hey all,

This will be a thread i plan to update regularly as the adventures with our new pup, Berkeley, progress. We pick her up next week from Teton Bird Dogs in Idaho Falls and cannot wait! Here is the most recent picture we have of her. Stay tuned!

IMG_0253.jpg

I have had a number of GSP's, pointer's, E. Setters and right now a Red Setter. The only one as biddable as my Red were my GSP's. Your gonna love it!

Awesome ! I love my GSP's. One is high strung, like she drinks coffee all day and the other one is pretty mellow. Both are great pets and love to hunt birds.

Hope your pup is healthy, smart, and a great companion.

that's awesome! I'm excited to follow along, I'll be adding a GSP to my pheasant artillery come next spring. Just have to find a breeder now.

Sorry for the delay but its been a hectic weekend. We picked up little Berk on Saturday morning and made the 900 mile trip back to Southern California. She was a champ the entire time with just one accident in the very beginning. She has been sleeping well and seems to not have any separation issues whatsoever. Loud noises have also been no problem as the breeder kept a radio on in her welping box.

We started crate training and the first session was as expected, a nightmare. By the second session she only whined the first half and by the third she was silent and then asleep. We have been using the clicker with training and are following alot of what Chad Hines at Willow Creek does in his YouTube video. We are so impressed how quickly this girl is getting it, especially at 7 weeks. "Kennel" and "Sit" are pretty near locked down and we will move on to others in the coming weeks.

Lot of sleep deprivation but man is this fun!! Cant wait for her final rounds of shots so we can get her out in the good stuff!

Berk1.jpg
berk2.jpg

Some of the other pictures wont upload but ill try again later.

That thing’s broken, take it back! I remember my gwp’s at that age and they NEVER slept lol. Great looking pup, you both have so much to look forward to!

So shame on me for not updating this post. Things have been hectic with work and the pup.

Little update:

First, a pointing puppy is super fun. She can be a headache at times but its a blast to watch them grow and learn. We finally got to the point where as a novice dog trainer, the books and dvds were no longer enough and ended up finding a great trainer through our vet. Tyler Bowman used to be a trainer at one of the big kennels here and is now doing his own thing with only a handful of dogs at a time. Really cool experience for both the dog and myself.

I just got back from seeing her after her being gone for 2 weeks and shes doing really well and is having a blast doing it.

Shes almost 8 months now and really coming into her own. Ill do my best to update this more regularly once we get her back. THIS.IS.FUN

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back