MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Poaching ring here in the PNW is making news at some of the bigger outlets

Now they're guilty of violating the Lacey Act for transporting wildlife across state lines which is a federal crime. They should lock them up and throw away the key. What a waste of a animal's life for the so called thrill of killing.

Sad, sad story. The unfortunate thing is they kept calling these guys "hunters" in the story and referring to what they were doing as illegal hunts, illegal hunting tactics. Nothing like making a subtle inference to "hunting" and that others who follow all the rules and employ ethics in their "hunt" could be linked to this. Kind of wish the writer would have used the various forms of the word "poaching" throughout the story. SMH

Absolutely disgusting. This would be a great opportunity for the D.A. to make an example--guns taken away, hunting rights revoked for life, jail time, fines. The complete disregard for wildlife, not to mention the legal, ethical hunting community, that these poachers showed is deserving of some real punishment.

Sad, sad story. The unfortunate thing is they kept calling these guys "hunters" in the story and referring to what they were doing as illegal hunts, illegal hunting tactics. Nothing like making a subtle inference to "hunting" and that others who follow all the rules and employ ethics in their "hunt" could be linked to this. Kind of wish the writer would have used the various forms of the word "poaching" throughout the story. SMH

I agree, but they did refer to it as poaching g most of the time. This makes me wonder how we can create a more positive public image for hunters. My wife had loads of misconceptions until she met me. What can we do? Social media? Maybe more open public work to protect lands in our communities? People can only come to understandings with what they know.

Violators of these types of crimes, never seem to get the punishment they deserve. There ought to be other related crimes, that are not wildlife poaching in nature here also. These are people who don't respect others and believe laws don't apply to them. They knew what they were doing.

I'd like to see Judges be harder on convicting and punishing this kind of criminal.

It infringes on others rights and experience so heavily. There’s an utter disregard for life and others. It effects the economy and perception of actual hunters. We must stand against all poaching. We must show what an ethical Hunter looks like; honest, trustworthy, ethical, and more. We must go public with our message and spread the word so people have a clear vision of the difference between hunters and poachers. I routinely discuss this with my students. I am a science teacher that teaches that we are a part of the ecosystem. I am fully supported. I’ve never had a complaint.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back