I know gettin' old is better than the alternative, but sheesh!

ovis2

Starting to line up the upcoming hunting seasons. A visit to the doctor to address some complaining joints and get some steroid shots in my remaining "good" knee and my rapidly degenerating shoulder. The doc says something along the lines of "I don't know how much longer you can delay getting the shoulder worked on. The pinching, wearing of the bone, muscle, and tendons seems like it is starting to get pretty bad. The shots might not work too much longer and you could do some real damage." Sheesh. The plan, for now, with his blessing, is too see if things will hold together through the fall seasons, then reassess.

From the folks I've talked to who have had their shoulders rebuilt, sooner is better than later, and they felt stronger after surgery than they did before injury. Hope everything works out for you.

If you spend the summer learning to shoot from the other shoulder you may be able to extend yourself another few years!

My window for ortho procedures is February to Easter....knee (replace), back, and hip. Cut, rehab...rinse repeat x3 w/no missed elk seasons.

ovis2, you'll know when you can't put it off.

Good luck on making it through the fall. Don't hesitate on getting it done as soon as you finish your hunts. Six months is the general recovery time, but mine took a year before it was really in good shape.

Thanks for all the encouragement! Noharleyyet, great attitude and great plan. The shots seem to have worked their magi for now. Shot my (cranked down) bow some today without too much unexpected pain, I'm sure I'll push through - but I think the recommended window is a good one!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back