Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wy point system

Blackbear60

I'm trying to plan my first hunt my question is can I put in for a tag in a less popular area of the state and get it while still building preference point toward a better area in the future? Thanks

Yes. Try to draw a good unit that requires several points to draw as your first choice and then put the unit you actually intend to draw as your second choice. Assuming you don’t draw your first choice in the random draw, you will get a point.

Yes if you set it up right. You select as first choice a “dream unit”. Only drawing this unit (against all odds) would burn your points. Then select a less popular 100% odds in second draw unit as your second. Hitting this second choice will not burn your points and if you paid for points you will increment +1. Another way is to only apply for doe tags, as they don’t effect pref points (and buy your +1).

Keep in mind, though, that WY looks at all first choices before any second choices are considered. If there are more first-choice applicants than your “less popular” unit has tags, then you won’t draw either unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back