Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hodgdon Superformance Experience

Moose_04

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a new load recipe for my 6.5 Man Bun (or to my friend JBS the 260 done right) and I am looking to those who are reloading for their creedmoor. I have shot factory Hornady Precision Hunter ammo with 143GR ELD-X bullets. The round patterned beautifully and I am ready to handload for my creedmoor. When reading my Hornady 10 book, the load data for Hodgdon Superformance caught my eye. I wanted to see if anyone else is using this powder for their creedmoor or for any other rifle they shoot.

I appreciate any feedback from the members out there.

Thanks,
Moose

My sons creedmoor shoots the 143 eldx at 2800 fps with 41 grains of reloader 17 out a 22 inch bartlein barrel and is crazy accuarte

I've used it in both my .243 and 6.5 with good results. Both shoot sub MOA. I can't remember the charge weight on the 6.5, it was somewhere north of 46 grains and was slightly compressed. My load data is still packed away somewhere. I do know it was getting me just a tick under 2900 fps and about .5 MOA with the 124 grain Hammer Hunter bullets.

With the .243, I really didn't see great accuracy until I went to CCI 250 primers. Then, things tightened up to about .75 MOA. This was with the 85 grain Barnes TSX.

I've not used it in the 6.5, but have used superformance in a wide array of cartridges with mixed results and only use it for my 22-250 now. Pressure spikes were too erratic and I was getting a lot of troubling pressure signs when working up loads. Watch yourself with it.

Thank you everyone for the responses. With the mixed positive responses and my lack of luck finding Superformance on the shelf. I think I will start with IMR 4350 as I have a surplus of it. If that does not work out well for me I will move on to RL 17 and then Superformance.

I hope to report back soon on the 2018 Load Recipe Thread.

Moose

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back