MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hello from Va newbie

Blackbear60

Trying to plan my first western hunt this year but I got a lot of learning to do. Hoping to learn all I can. Thanks

Welcome, what part of VA? Lots of great people and info here, use search feature and read old posts LOTS of help starting out.

I'm about 3 hrs from Roanoke in the most southwestern tip of the state. But yea trying to do a Wyoming pronghorn hunt this year if I can make since of the rule book haha

Nice. I spent a lot of time hiking and fishing around Mt. Rogers. That’s about as far your way as I made it. Good luck with the antelope hunt. Tough to find a more enjoyable hunt. Just submitted my application 15 minutes ago.

Good luck with your planning, do some searches on here for some good threads. Many will explain some of the issues you are likely having. Get good boots, good binos, and a good range finder. Be proficient with most any rifle out to 300yds. Caliber and camo don't matter much in the west. Good luck and keep us posted

Welcome, I just ran a race at Grayson a couple weeks ago. Beautiful area! Good luck on prepping for your hunt. I'm headed out west to hunt the first time this year. This is a great place to connect and learn

I'm about 3 hrs from Roanoke in the most southwestern tip of the state. But yea trying to do a Wyoming pronghorn hunt this year if I can make since of the rule book haha

Welcome to HT! If your down in the corner near Lee you have elk right in your backyard down there.

Nice. I spent a lot of time hiking and fishing around Mt. Rogers. That’s about as far your way as I made it. Good luck with the antelope hunt. Tough to find a more enjoyable hunt. Just submitted my application 15 minutes ago.

Mt Rogers is my elk hunt training grounds... hahaha neat place up there

Yea we see several large elk every year but in wise county where I live can't shoot them or you up the creek without a paddle

Welcome from Floyd County. Spent some time on and around Mt. Rogers on horseback and/or behind a bear hound.
My company has built a log home or two in Wise Co.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back