Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tipi walls?

Festus

Came across this picture (not sure where it came from) but this sounds very intriguing to me...
This would certainly maximize the space in your tipi without adding much weight.
Initial thoughts:
I guess you would have to add cord at the grommets instead of stakes? Maybe rocks along bottom edge to keep from flapping?
Could add enough material to make walls AND a 'sod cloth' kinda deal. Pole would need to be longer. Wonder how the liner would act?
Wish it would stop raining so I could play with the tipi and experiment.
Thoughts? Anyone ever try this?

31069061_2080128685610194_5528422577027940352_n.jpg

+s: more height and usable space inside. Might cost less than buying larger tent if you already have one to add onto. Adjustable ventilation along the base of "walls."
-s: weight, packing size, need more stakes and taller pole. Less wind resistance.

Do any tipi users delete the interior pole by hanging tent peak from an outside frame, tree limb, etc? We made big tripods in Boy Scouts to practice lashing, for the Pioneering merit badge.

+s: more height and usable space inside. Might cost less than buying larger tent if you already have one to add onto. Adjustable ventilation along the base of "walls."
-s: weight, packing size, need more stakes and taller pole. Less wind resistance.

Do any tipi users delete the interior pole by hanging tent peak from an outside frame, tree limb, etc? We made big tripods in Boy Scouts to practice lashing, for the Pioneering merit badge.

I agree with the wind resistance, I think that would be the biggest issue.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back