Thread: Kimber Hunter

Default Kimber Hunter

I was in Scheels the other day and the Kimber Hunter caught my eye. Light weight too. Does anyone have any experience with these rifles? How do they shoot? Does it takea while to break the barrel in? How is the factory trigger?

Never shot one myself, but I've certainly heard a lot of mixed reviews, for what it's worth.
    Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly.

Micah 6:8

I've never owned a Kimber, but I think what your going to find my from my observations on similar posts is about a 50/50 split on love/hate for Kimbers. Personally, if I am going to drop that kind of coin on a rifle, I want one with a better reputation. It's seems like a Kimber rifle purchase is a role of the dice.

Do a search for posts by JLS here. He's got one a written it up.

Bought one in 7mm-HT, it shoots MOA with factory loads and I'm certain I could tighten that up with handloads. The stock leaves a bit to be desired, but I liked the price and that was why I didn't get a Montana (they're the same barreled action). The bolt could be a touch smoother when pushing a round in the chamber. It's a great rifle in terms of price/weight/function.
    Four of a kind, 7x57, 284 winchester, 7 Remington Mag, 7 Mashburn.

Love mine. Great trigger, feeding is pretty decent, could be smoother. Shoots sub MOA.b

https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...-Kimber-Hunter
    Last edited by JLS; 05-16-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Fear the beard....

Love mine in .243! The price savings is in the stock and detachable magazine. The rest is excellent.

Thanks for the input. Considering stepping away from a rifle that’s becoming not fun to shoot, the kimber hunter caught my eye.

Have a 84L in 30-06 and have absolutely no complaints. Wish they still made it.
    What doesn't kill you, hunts like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by elkhnter View Post
    Have a 84L in 30-06 and have absolutely no complaints. Wish they still made it.
    Kimber still makes multiple models of rifle on the 84L action.

https://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles...ion_family=198

Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    Love mine. Great trigger, feeding is pretty decent, could be smoother. Shoots sub MOA.b

https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...-Kimber-Hunter

I agree with JLS. I have been really with mine in the year that I have owned it. I have been able to hold sub-M.O.A. with factory loads. I love the weight for backpack hunts and combined with a lightweight Leupold has made a nice pckage.