Day by day (without Randy Newberg) day 1 posted to YouTube

kansasdad

Marcus and Michael head for Nebraska for FreshTracks day by day turkey adventure.

[video=youtube;jiWsLSWJSYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiWsLSWJSYs[/video]

I've never seen a video where a turkey gets shot on the wing ....... until now.

So hilarious. If you only watch one YouTube video of this hunt, watch this one and laugh out loud.

[video=youtube_share;D0bLwgTrYJE]https://youtu.be/D0bLwgTrYJE[/video]

I've been watching the videos. I didn't care for the wing shooting. I'm also following The Hunting Public's season. To me, that's the best turkey hunting series that I've seen.

I'll be looking forward to more videos from y'all.

Good luck.

That’s great stuff! I have taken a few gobblers on the wing on the ND prairies. Very exciting and I am tickled they captured it in film!

I swear Randy, no offense, but your cameramen are giving you a run for your money in front of the camera. They're very entertaining

Nice job on the winged kill shot and yes is was funny, but seriously, running with a loaded gun is not cool...come on Randy...do we not take the hunters education class?

Last edited:
Ever go pheasant hunting? You do a lot of running at times chasing a wounded bird

I spotted and stalked my gobbler this year. I got to 8 yards. Some might consider that unethical, but it was, in my opinion, the most exciting and challenging turkey hunt I've ever pulled off.

I love the topography in this video.

Brent

Sweet ninja turkey action gents!

For me, a bird that has already been hit, and takes wing, shooting is recommended while he is still in range. Sorta like elk, shoot till they go down to stay.

Looking forward to day three adventures in Nebraska.

(Got my wheels turning for spring 2019.....)

Day 2 was fantastic! Michael with a solid follow up shot on the fly, reminded me of upland and/or waterfowl hunting the way that bird folded! Hands down best turkey video!

Ever go pheasant hunting? You do a lot of running at times chasing a wounded bird

I have , we don't run with loaded guns....it's in the hunters training I took....maybe others have taken a different version. I knew I would get blasted for pointing this out, but whatever, I will hunt the way I was taught I guess and others will hunt the way they want. It's all good...I guess I now have a better understanding of "running and gunning" :)

I have , we don't run with loaded guns....it's in the hunters training I took....maybe others have taken a different version. I knew I would get blasted for pointing this out, but whatever, I will hunt the way I was taught I guess and others will hunt the way they want. It's all good...I guess I now have a better understanding of "running and gunning" :)
i'll run to get in a better position if a follow up shot is necessary, to me thats the ethical thing to do, just keep your weapon on safe with the muzzle in the air

Well, Day 3 is up. It's great. There is even a shotgun with a wooden stock, believe it or not (just kidding you guys a little).

You guys sure make it look like a lot of fun.

[video=youtube_share;rxnNGHoP5f4]https://youtu.be/rxnNGHoP5f4[/video]

The bird strutting on the roost in the early dawn was for sure worth the trip. Awesome gents

Last edited:
Well, Day 3 is up. It's great. There is even a shotgun with a wooden stock, believe it or not (just kidding you guys a little).

You guys sure make it look like a lot of fun.

The wooden stock doesn't bother me, but I'll be danged if I have a weapon with a loose sling on it. I quit using those pretty quickly.

[video=youtube_share;6c1alhnzIzc]https://youtu.be/6c1alhnzIzc?t=6[/video]

Such a different turkey hunting experience compared to my south central Kansas land/birds. Thanks for the effort required to produce these day by days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back