PEAX Equipment

Oklahoma controlled hunt applications close today

I looked into that stuff a little bit. Whoa. Those are some dismal draw odds for an elk tag.

I looked into that stuff a little bit. Whoa. Those are some dismal draw odds for an elk tag.

Oh yeah, certainly not good by any means.
I drew an antelope doe tag last year after two years of applying, that was pretty cool.
I’m hoping to draw a special deer tag this year.

Oh yeah, certainly not good by any means.
I drew an antelope doe tag last year after two years of applying, that was pretty cool.
I’m hoping to draw a special deer tag this year.

My apps are in. I also drew the Cimarron county antelope doe tag last year my 7th year applying (although I only applied for the buck tags for several years). I was surprised to see the success rates for antelope are down this year I saw plenty of antelope and guys harvesting a couple but the success rate was just over 50% for the doe hunt. I have 7 bonus points for elk and deer going into this year so I'm still screwed for elk but have a decent shot at one of my deer choices. I also put in for turkey but only have a couple points didn't pay much attention to the odds for those hunts.

My apps are in. I also drew the Cimarron county antelope doe tag last year my 7th year applying (although I only applied for the buck tags for several years). I was surprised to see the success rates for antelope are down this year I saw plenty of antelope and guys harvesting a couple but the success rate was just over 50% for the doe hunt. I have 7 bonus points for elk and deer going into this year so I'm still screwed for elk but have a decent shot at one of my deer choices. I also put in for turkey but only have a couple points didn't pay much attention to the odds for those hunts.

I was on the same hunt as you last year. My buddy and I tagged out day one.
I’ll be back out there October first to chase them with my bow.

I’m not quite where you are with points. I’m sitting at 4 for elk and deer. I did all Wichita mtn bull elk and I only have one deer hunt on my app. It’s not a highly sought after one, but it’ll be a good one if I get it. I’m the same way with the turkeys.... I don’t really pay atention I just apply haha.

Good luck!

We got ours in yesterday. First two choices were McAlester AAP. The rest are probably like the elk and antelope apps and really don't matter. Sounds like your draw odds improve a lot if you apply for doe and cow tags but if I only get one shot, I want it to have horns.

We got ours in yesterday. First two choices were McAlester AAP. The rest are probably like the elk and antelope apps and really don't matter. Sounds like your draw odds improve a lot if you apply for doe and cow tags but if I only get one shot, I want it to have horns.

Good luck! The pictures they post of the McAlester AAP bucks are wild.... some big bucks out there for sure.

This is my first year applying for tags so I just hope I draw something but good news is it's only $5 and that cheaper than points elsewhere

I snuck down to Oklahoma last season for a couple days of deer hunting. I was really impressed when I saw some walk in land show up on the website in some good areas. Looks like a great opportunity for those archery hunters in the state.

I have always just put in for bull tags. A friend of mine is getting up in age and had 8 points. So he put in for a cow tag and Drew it the first year. On the deer tags I only put in for the very best tags.

I have always just put in for bull tags. A friend of mine is getting up in age and had 8 points. So he put in for a cow tag and Drew it the first year. On the deer tags I only put in for the very best tags.

I do the same for deer sense I have private to hunt. I've only ever put in for bull tags too I'm starting to consider trying for a cow tag but I'm 28 so might wait a few years.

Since you drew the doe tag, does that mean your not eligible apply again?

Yep, I burned my OIL tag for the doe, but that’s ok. I can stil chase them OTC and I’ve got other states.
In fact I’ve got a NM tag this year. So I’ll chase them archery OTC for a week and then roll right into my NM antelope hunt. Going to be a good year

I snuck down to Oklahoma last season for a couple days of deer hunting. I was really impressed when I saw some walk in land show up on the website in some good areas. Looks like a great opportunity for those archery hunters in the state.

Lots of great opportunities for sure!

I have somewhere around 10 elk points. I think I have around 3-4 deer points. I am not sure how many antelope points I have, several I know. I only put in for bull elk and buck antelope. As far as deer I only put in for Witchita mountains. I have hunted McAlester twice.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back