Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Idaho results...any day now.

Good Lord, are they really going to take until 6/10 to release results? Perhaps it's happened before, but I don't recall ever not getting MGS results before the deer, elk, antelope application due date.

if they stick to their regs and every one will be notified by mail by June 10th they are cutting it real close. mail will take 3-5 days to be delivered to most people by Saturday. I'm not holding my breath though. This contractor sucks!

I just tried:
"The Idaho Fish and Game site is currently unavailable due to unscheduled maintenance We are working to quickly restore the system to full operation."

So think its broke not pending results.... i want some results

So glad Idaho spent $400,000 on a draw system for a state with no point system that could literally be duplicated by a few 5th graders, a roll of carnival tickets and a cardboard box. I have heard that the hunters who complained of the alleged draw rigging tried first to just exclude IDFG employees and their families from participating in controlled hunt draws...but settled for a waste of nearly a half million dollars on an independent contractor. I will say that I would be fine with whoever the idiots were who hired the genius independent contractor should never be allowed to put in for anything other than a jackrabbit tag. What a joke. It is a simple draw. The only consideration is no more than 10% of tags go to NR....of course maybe they are trying to figure out why our coveted unit 11 sheep tag always goes non res....

Politicians meddling in wildlife management are to thank for this absurdity. It's their idea, can we make them fund it personally?

I believe this is a better pathway to providing credibility than keeping the draw in house and paying an auditor to oversee the process. Typically, auditors are beholden at some level to those who pay them. IDFG would be the ones hiring and paying an independent auditor, and so there remains that monetary tie to the department. It seems much better to have a highly qualified 3rd party conduct the controlled hunt drawings.

Have a great day,
Steve
Senator Steve Bair Chairman,
Senate Resource Environment Committee

source: http://www.idahowildlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Bair-and-Siddoway-Highlighted-Emails-IWF.pdf

Last edited:
So glad Idaho spent $400,000 on a draw system for a state with no point system that could literally be duplicated by a few 5th graders, a roll of carnival tickets and a cardboard box. I have heard that the hunters who complained of the alleged draw rigging tried first to just exclude IDFG employees and their families from participating in controlled hunt draws...but settled for a waste of nearly a half million dollars on an independent contractor. I will say that I would be fine with whoever the idiots were who hired the genius independent contractor should never be allowed to put in for anything other than a jackrabbit tag. What a joke. It is a simple draw. The only consideration is no more than 10% of tags go to NR....of course maybe they are trying to figure out why our coveted unit 11 sheep tag always goes non res....

Money is the root of all evil isn't it?

Weren't people complaining that the draw wasn't transparent enough and that senators and G&F people were drawing a lot of tags? I don't remember for sure but I thought that was the push to do this?

Weren't people complaining that the draw wasn't transparent enough and that senators and G&F people were drawing a lot of tags? I don't remember for sure but I thought that was the push to do this?

The push was from a spiteful legislature who were trying to force idf&g to implement more sheep auction tags. Idf&g had done numerous public studies and come to the conclusion that sportsman in Idaho didn't want more auction tags.
One of our affluent elected officials who often buys the sheep auction tag was quoted as saying "I don't care what Sportsman want, I want this!"
Then we started down a bumpy road of a few politicians trying to hamstring Idaho fish & game at every opportunity.

We are a will continue to be the loosers in this situation.

It certainly wansn't because any legislators drew tags. If that was the case you can bet your ass we'd still have the old system.

However, I seem to recall that a couple of commissioners/IDFG employees did draw sheep tags a few years ago and that is what got the ball rolling on this new system. I don't know which units in particular were drawn, but there's a couple of units that are actually pretty easy to draw for sheep.

Also as a CPA, I find Senator Bair's email incredibly infantile and uneducated. If he's so worried about the corrupting influence of money, perhaps we should rescind the $400k paid to the "independent" contractor.

I was just told by a credible source that the big three results will be delayed one more week so that the resources committee can investigates the results.

Steve Bair was quoted as saying "best two-out-of-three?":p

I was just told by a credible source that the big three results will be delayed one more week so that the resources committee can investigates the results.

Steve Bair was quoted as saying "best two-out-of-three?":p

Ha! It’s time to roll back this $2 million dollar mess.

What a nightmare...it's a shame that our system in Idaho is so messed up right now. Glad I didn't put in for the big three, but now I'm curious as to how long the standard draw results will be delayed.

I predict i will be notified of my once in a lifetime cali bighorn tag 2 weeks after season ends!

I work for a large corporation with various regions, sites and departments within those sites. Due to the dangerous nature of business there is a rigorous random drug testing program. They have it figured out so that x number of people or y percentage of people from the various disciplines and business groups will be tested each quarter. The HR girl draws the names with a few clicks in a matter of seconds and if we are up to bat, we know before the 6 o clock meeting.

We probably have less employees( applicants) and less business units ( hunting districts/species) but the general concept is the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back