Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoNick View Post
    I saw a comment that the results were delayed again so IDFG could look them over. If the purpose was transparency, they just wasted $400,000. The ONLY thing the third party vendor should have to "report" to IDFG is that no more than 10% of tags went to nonresident applicants.
    It wouldn't be a real Idaho draw unless there was some sort of screw-up or delay along the way. I can't remember the last year a draw year went without a hiccup or delay. Seriously though, I doubt there is another state that has to deal with as many privileged "me-first" applicants than Idaho....maybe Utah?
    Life is good!

We're merely pawns...

3. Default

If we ever get results, Idaho should immediately let us put in for 2019 so that they have enough time to pull the numbers before that season starts. I used to be for a bonus point system in Idaho, but truly feel that the math is simply to hard for those responsible for doing the draw.

It's ironic that the title reads "idaho draw results any day" and was posted may 15th. Oh Idaho you tease.

5. Default

And if the system ever went to bonus points SQUARED....holy hell their heads would explode at just the thought of exponents! Haha

So let me guess this new private contractor doing the draw was funded via sportsmen/women dollars? Sounds like a big waste of money so far... Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by LopeHunter View Post
    Inside info can tilt the odds. Montana, for example, can add a sheep tag or remove a sheep tag between the projected tag totals vs. post-application confirmed totals. Who would have a better idea what changes might happen? Perhaps the biologist suggesting a change in tag numbers? The Commissioner? Certainly not me sitting a few states away.

During the open application period, who can see how the application choices are adding up? You know, total applications to date and units selected so far by species? If an employee of the State can see that then they can wait until last day of application period to select a unit that statistically is offering best odds to be drawn for a sheep tag or other species.

When McDonald's runs a lottery-like game, guess who is not allowed to win? Employees, family members of employees, etc. Seems unfair to exclude someone just because they work for McDonald's right? But, the past shows if you allow insiders to participate then the game gets distorted and the faith level of participants falls. Just like with Idaho and that little draw event by SFW. And, anytime someone connected to F&G or the political ecosystem draws a coveted big game tag. Heck, look at raffles and see how often the winner is an out-of-stater and is not often. Sure, more locals probably try to win that raffle but, just maybe, some home-cooking where some raffle tickets never quite make it into the hopper pre-draw.

I go to trade shows where booths often put up a prize and to enter you give them a business card or have your badge scanned. Prize awarded on last day of show and usually people gather around the opening of the booth. Major shenanigans. Those are easy to rig by removing the names of non-customers prior to draw or bending a ticket or palming a ticket or just drawing a ticket then reading the name you want to win rather than the actual name on the ticket.

Lottery software code is merely bits and bytes. I can hard-wire in code to make the draw less random and how many of you can read code? How many of you can figure out if the tested code is the actual code used during the real draw? Did you see the Congressional hearings on Net Neutrality? Senators in some cases did not understand what the Internet was. SERIOUSLY.
    The problem with trying to exempt idf&g employees from the draw is that it was done as an attack or retaliation for failure to approve more auction tags/bonus points.
    How better to attack a fish and game agency then by attacking it's employees.
    Think about who dreams of being a f&g biologist or officer. Usually a hunter or fisherman. So how much harder will it be to recruit quality applicants for a job with bad hours, bad pay and you are not allowed to put in for hunts in your home state? Now add in the fact that as a biologist you will have to work for a state where your own legislature is constantly attacking it's game agency for listening to your opinion over a elected official who has no background in wildlife or biology.
    Oh and all of this with zero evidence that there was anything a foul.
    Last edited by elkmagnet; 06-07-2018 at 04:05 PM.
    I'm pretty sure the thermal's hate me

Yep they need to investigate mine says" not selected"!!!

so does mine but also my employee who applied for a cow moose tag with 100% odds last year so I'm waiting till I hear of someone that's been selected

Results must be up. My login just changed to "not selected" for sheep.

No moose for me

It would be hilarious if the F&G employees, through just random chance, ended up with a disproportionate number of tags this year.

that would be awesome! and if 3 commissioners all drew unit 11 sheep

Wife's moose "not selected"
    "You are a fool to argue health insurance with Nemont, Resource management with Buzz, or spelling with Moosie.." - Jose Cuervo

"Not Selected" for sheep.

Count me "not surprised".

Dammit, switched from moose applications to sheep application this year as I am a bighorn away from a slam but may go back to moose next year.

Hope somebody from HT drew something good!

No goat for me, but it was fun trying.

I've already posted on another thread but my 14 yr old son was "selected" for unit 19A sheep! One excited son, and one happy father!

Quote Originally Posted by mica man View Post
    i've already posted on another thread but my 14 yr old son was "selected" for unit 19a sheep! One excited son, and one happy father!
    we have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by 1_pointer View Post
    It would be hilarious if the F&G employees, through just random chance, ended up with a disproportionate number of tags this year.
    https://youtu.be/jo11SqLmuGc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123