Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Idaho results...any day now.

I have sheep on my brain and money went on the Amex. Anyone else waiting for the results?

2. Default

I am waiting anxiously for goat results. Me and two buddies put in for the same unit hoping one of us might pull a tag so we can all go and hunt....hasn't worked the past couple years but maybe this year. Are you a resident?

It's the latest greatest computerized system. But it takes as long as when they drew numbers out of a hat. If I were in charge I would assure randomness by using this method.

Name:  cow-chip-fundraising-event.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  41.3 KB
    The first squares she poops on get tags.

Pretty sure that is the system Montana uses ^

I'm waiting for moose but not optimistic but you gotta play to win.

6. Default

Was told they will be available in June.

Quote Originally Posted by appaloosa View Post
    Thatís the standard response from IDFG even on the days the results come out they still say by June 10th.

8. Default

They probably get tired of everyone calling to find out
    Which I have been quilty of myself

Quote Originally Posted by appaloosa View Post
    They will also be available in October. They are not being untruthful.

I was really counting on the results being released by 4 pm MT on May 18

11. Default

Turkey was late by what at least a week or so. I wouldn't expect the other results to be early either.

12. Default

As long as I get a goat tag, I will wait another week..

13. Default

It is funny states make people wait so long...these are computer-based draw system...it should take like two days after payment goes through. I think three fifth graders with a calculator, a roll of carnival tickets, and a cardboard box to pull from could do most states.....and Idaho doesn't even have a point system so take out the calculator for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoNick View Post
    It is funny states make people wait so long...these are computer-based draw system...it should take like two days after payment goes through. I think three fifth graders with a calculator, a roll of carnival tickets, and a cardboard box to pull from could do most states.....and Idaho doesn't even have a point system so take out the calculator for that one.
    "It's a new system give us time" idfg

Didn't the legislature pass a law requiring the department to outsource the draw to an outside contractor (at a much greater cost) a couple of years ago?
    Everything I need to know about this site I learned from Jose: "You are a fool to argue health insurance with Nemont, Resource management with Buzz, or spelling with Moosie.."
    "You run into a [jerk] in the morning, you ran into a [jerk]; you run into [jerks] all day, you're the [jerk]" - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by smarandr View Post
    didn't the legislature pass a law requiring the department to outsource the draw to an outside contractor (at a much greater cost) a couple of years ago?
    yup

I'm totally not that informed on the Idaho process so take this for what it's worth but I know that some states have the application period prior to quotas even being set. In Nevada, for instance, the app deadline is on or around tax day and the quotas aren't even set till the first week in May. Once the quotas are set they give a couple weeks for the contractor to get everything set and then run the draw. By law the results are available within 48 hours of the draw taking place. Nevada is also running a new system this year and the delay between app deadline and draw allowed them to contact a number of people who screwed up their apps in the new system. Maybe Idaho has a similar process?

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mountainhawks View Post
    I'm totally not that informed on the Idaho process so take this for what it's worth but I know that some states have the application period prior to quotas even being set. In Nevada, for instance, the app deadline is on or around tax day and the quotas aren't even set till the first week in May. Once the quotas are set they give a couple weeks for the contractor to get everything set and then run the draw. By law the results are available within 48 hours of the draw taking place. Nevada is also running a new system this year and the delay between app deadline and draw allowed them to contact a number of people who screwed up their apps in the new system. Maybe Idaho has a similar process?
    Idaho sets big game quotas every two years and before app period. Seasons and quotas stay the same during those periods...I am just impatient. But, yes, some states do not have quotas set when you send money.

Idaho sets big game quotas every two years and before app period. Seasons and quotas stay the same during those periods...I am just impatient. But, yes, some states do not have quotas set when you send money.
    Thanks for the info! And donít worry, Iím just as impatient. Waiting for my unsuccessful idaho goat result has become a yearly right of passage.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mountainhawks View Post
    Thanks for the info! And don’t worry, I’m just as impatient. Waiting for my unsuccessful idaho goat result has become a yearly right of passage.
    I hope this year is the year for you!!!

21. Default

Waiting for the Moose also! But going for archery Elk no matter what... Fingers crossed.

Good Lord, are they really going to take until 6/10 to release results? Perhaps it's happened before, but I don't recall ever not getting MGS results before the deer, elk, antelope application due date.
    Everything I need to know about this site I learned from Jose: "You are a fool to argue health insurance with Nemont, Resource management with Buzz, or spelling with Moosie.."
    "You run into a [jerk] in the morning, you ran into a [jerk]; you run into [jerks] all day, you're the [jerk]" - Raylan Givens

What a joke, so glad they upgraded to this new system.

if they stick to their regs and every one will be notified by mail by June 10th they are cutting it real close. mail will take 3-5 days to be delivered to most people by Saturday. I'm not holding my breath though. This contractor sucks!

I just tried:
    "The Idaho Fish and Game site is currently unavailable due to unscheduled maintenance We are working to quickly restore the system to full operation."

So think its broke not pending results.... i want some results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast