Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Leupold VX-3i cds

UT_Hunter

Been looking at a few rifle scopes I've narrowed it down to a couple but the leupold vx 3i cds is the one I'm favoring I really like the custom dial system it offers, I will be using it on my 300 win mag I don't really plan to shoot past 400 yards. Does anyone have insight or reviews on this scope.? Also its power comes in 3.5-10 or 4.5-14 what one would be better for the range I'm shooting thanks.

I have 2 of the 4.5x14 and like them. Great scope and I am going to get another one for my son’s new 7mm-08 rifle build.

I like the 3.5x10 but have both. Eyerelief on the 3.5 is slightly better than the 4.5. Its really a matter of choice. Cant comment onthe cds, but leupold's vx3i is tough to beat.

If you only plan on shooting to 400yds, I'd go with the 3.5-10 for the added eye relief. I'd also consider skipping the CDS and going with the a compensating reticle like the long range duplex or B&C. Depending on your load, 400yds isn't much past PBR for a 300 Win Mag.

What would be the advantages to have the b&c reticle compared to the cds?

My good friend uses the B&C and has used it at all sorts of ranges and it was spot on. I have a Zeiss with a similar reticle and like it. You still have to spend range time with either CDS or B&C. You get one free dial with the CDS after that it costs you. I prefer the CDS myself

What would be the advantages to have the b&c reticle compared to the cds?
It does not take much of an elevation correction to get to 400yds in a 300 Win Mag. For that limited amount of elevation correction I'd prefer not having to worry about the turret tracking or getting bumped inadvertently. Just my $0.02.

If you planned on shooting further, I'd suggest the CDS turret and windplex reticle in the Leupold line up.

I just put one of these on a custom 300wsm. I've been extremely impressed with it. For the weight and the money I can't say there is a better scope in it's class.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back