Yeti GOBOX Collection

Took the plunge

deer_shooter

I've been hanging around here long enough I figured I ought to have the proper tools of the trade, so I finally got myself a 7-08 HT. I found it on Gunbroker for a really good price a couple weeks ago and it just came in. Its a Rem 700 SPS compact. I have a new stock on order and starting to tuck cash away for the VX3i 3.5x10x40 CDS it will eventually wear.

Rem 700.jpg

Very good find!! Those compact stocks are easy to unload if you decide to sell them. Having 2 boys that shoot LH I have a bit of an appreciation for finding one like at a good price! Well done!

nice you'll be happy with that combo. My personal preference would be to also swap out the factory Remington trigger for either a Timney or Jewell.

Yeah, trigger upgrade is on the to do list. The factory adjustable trigger is not awful, i dropped it to ~2.5lbs and i think i can work with it, at least for this year.

Mine's a 700 SPS. It is a tack driver, but the trigger was a mess. I voided the warranty by making my own adjustments; got it down to 2.5lbs. I'll probably replace the trigger at some point. One thing at a time. Congrats on a new gun!

Congrats. The only bad thing about buying a new gun is you quickly start thinking about the next one you want to purchase.

Wow!
That thing is gonna be a pain to reach overwith your right hand and operate the bolt....
J/K..

Good find!

What's next on the list? He he he.

Excellent! I just got a Howa 1500 in 7mm HT. I put a new Bell and Carlson stock on it and a Harris Bipod. Its got a Leopold Rilfeman 4-12x40 for now. I think I'll break it in with this scope and eventually get a VX-3 3.5-10 CDS.

I like your ideas on the set up. Basically, because it is darn near what I have as my 'Go-To" rifle combo!!

You'll absolutely love the scope.

The only thing left for you to do is to numb-nut up and ask these vultures on HT, is what load should you use for...

~elk
~lopes
~black bear
~mulies
~whitetails
~coes
~boar
~caribou
~moose
~sheep
~goats
~iguana's
~impala
~giant African Red Viper Lizards
~red stag
~tahr
~Javelina

The list goes...& on...on....& on.

Got my new stock and scope installed. Opted for a Bell & Carlson stock this time; its a little clunky but functional. Topped the gun with a VX3i 3x10x40 CDS so will now be working up a load for it.

Not the best pics but i do like the gray stock for something different.

New stock 1.jpg

New stock 2.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back