PEAX Equipment

Camofire

fmnjr

So I've been reading a lot of references to camofire, what good deals they post, etc. Yesterday, I'm looking at their site and see they have King's XKG stuff for what looks to be pretty good prices. I'm thinking, heck, I'm gonna buy stuff anyway and don't want to drop a bundle so I kick a few items into the cart, click, click, click....purchase done. Now here's the kicker, if you go on King's site, prices are almost the same, if not even a bit less in some cases. I don't have much of a complaint, except that to say, from now on if something's on camofire I'll be looking at the mfr site first before making a buy. As always, buyer beware!

Is it me, or is this time of year sales time? I seem to be seeing a lot of price drops. Skre, First Lite, King's so far are the sites I've been on.

I believe King's had their warehouse sale this week/weekend.

Those deal websites are a joke to me..... keep your eye open and you can find deals that are as good or cheaper throughout the year!

Camofire gets some serious deals on Mystery Ranch packs but otherwise you can find same or better prices on everything else by searching around.

FWIW the Crispi boots they have on there now seem to be a good deal if you have small feet.

Last edited:
My Grandma used to tell me I have a "big understanding", otherwise those Crispi boots might be mine. I still need a good boot, too. Another site I just came across that looks pretty good is 1800Gear....

The “retail” price on Camofire is inflated many times. I normally check other sites real quick to see I can’t find a better deal else where (just be a smart consumer). That being said there are some awesome deals from time to time. A couple months ago I picked up a $1,200 bow for $700.

Yep, "retail price" is in the eyes of the advertiser. But I have got some very good deals off Camofire. Just do the research before you pull the trigger. They ship fast and their customer service has been good.

My Grandma used to tell me I have a "big understanding", otherwise those Crispi boots might be mine. I still need a good boot, too. Another site I just came across that looks pretty good is 1800Gear....

I've got the same problem. I'm a 15 and they are slim to come by. If you're bigger than that I feel awful for you, cause it really cuts down after that...

Sometimes the deal is good, sometimes not. Right now there is black ovis merino on sale cheaper than the black ovis website (although I think they are owned by the same people).

Side note: I really like black ovis merino, its waaay cheaper than the premium stuff for only slightly less quality.

Camofire is great if you know what you're looking at. I don't think Kings camo is great stuff at any price though, I had Kings raingear back when I was young and cheap and it almost got me hypothermia...

Black Ovis/Core4 Merino is the best deal out there. I wear the 190 ls almost every day, no holes unlike my other brand.

The Core4 Merino is a great deal, but holy crap did it stink when I got sweated up in it. As soon as it would dry out, the smell would be gone. I don't know if I was the only one that could smell me or if my hunting partners could too, but I flat out couldn't wear it anymore. No smell with a couple other brands I tried. Obviously it's not a problem with everyone and, if it isn't, it's a very good deal.

The benefit of Camofire for me is just the random items listed. It's good to see different brands going on sale. When there is an item listed I'm interested in I simply do a google search for it, several stores then come in around the same price, and sometimes offering free shipping to save a couple bucks or have different sizes available.

Back