Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mule deer hunt

I have hunted Colorado the past 6 years, in the 2nd rifle season and we haven taken 2 deer now over the 180 mark. one scoring 210 and the other was 181 or so. We see a lot of deer and can expect to take a buck between the 130 and 140 range. It takes usually one point or so to draw. Maybe we have just been lucky or go places where others don't want to go. I go with a group of about 4 to 6 depending on the year. Hope this helps and good luck where ever you pick!

Well Kybowhunter glad to see you're gonna come out here to chase mulies around. Like others have already said, there are plenty of opportunities in many states to take good animals. If you're interested in NV (which does not offer any otc tags) and possibly want to build some points up over a couple years, here is a link to get you doing some research for at least one state out here.

http://www.ndow.org/uploadedFiles/nd...20Group_v3.pdf

Hope it works.

This was a buck my good friend and I took in a unit that has decent NR odds of drawing here in NV.
    Name:  1385844_649881935052407_555222016_n copy.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  115.8 KB
    Gotta stick and make 'er pay

Take the journey, learn from it, and obsess over it.......repeat

That's a classic muley buck. I'm envious as all get out.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentD View Post
    That's a classic muley buck. I'm envious as all get out.
    It'll definitely take a lot to beat this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopB7 View Post
    It'll definitely take a lot to beat this guy.
    I'm planning on spending a week trying, at least, this fall. My biggest mulie is a pipsqueak. Not that it really matters, but I like to have goals, and that one will do just fine, as would UnitaYeti's. I'm a killer of babies in comparison.

UnitaYeti's is a gem for sure. Big or small they're all trophies to me! I know everyone says it, but a trophy hunt to me is measured by the adventure itself, not what is sitting on an animal's dome. It doesn't hurt running across 180+ or 340+ animals though haha!

7. Default

Iíve been lucky enuff to draw the NONRESIDENT any deer statewide archery tag for ND multiple times and has yet to disappoint. Western part of the state is loaded with public ground and big deer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12