Yeti GOBOX Collection

Rogan's latest podcast with Hanes.

Cam had a podcast once about ultras that he discussed not being able to do leg workouts as his legs would get to big and rub together. That’s when I knew he was on something. Frankly, you will see zero judgment from me on that. You still have to do the work to see the results!

I relistened to the entire podcast tonight while attending to chores. The initial post of this thread is so far off base as to what was actually said I can only think that this is nothing but a critisism of someone who believes Zinke is trying to do the right thing. CH never said anything negative about federal employees, that was Rogan, and in many cases he is right. Let me know how your next trip to the DMV goes.

These two are reaching more people, and sharing hunting in a more positive light than anyone else I can think of. Maybe CH isn't the most eloquent or on point guy when it comes to the finer points, but he is at the table trying to affect positive change. He claims he was involved in regards to Chaffetz and sales of public land being shut down, can anyone dispute that? Does anyone know if the National Park volunteers actually we're asked to write a report and refused before resigning?

Either way, if all you took out of that three hour podcast was the two minutes of input over federal employees you may be missing some perspective when it comes to listening to these conversations. Once again, I don't know what you listened to, and as you haven't provided a link I probably never will. I listened to their conversation as it was broadcast, twice, and I didn't hear what you claim.

Cam had a podcast once about ultras that he discussed not being able to do leg workouts as his legs would get to big and rub together. That’s when I knew he was on something. Frankly, you will see zero judgment from me on that. You still have to do the work to see the results!

He runs a marathon a day. I can only imagine the caloric intake it would require to build muscle to the point of worrying about your legs rubbing together while maintaining that training level. So much room for interpretation regarding TRT. No secret that many are using it to increase performance, but he is a middle aged man who likely is using it. Like 7Bartman said, it's purely subjective, and depending on your Dr. the doses can be pretty significant.

Meh. Makes no difference to me.

I can appreciate the work aspect of it, but the average person can't put in work at that magnitude and still have periods of active recovery. Most people that put in that kind of work are going to get injured or be in constant catabolism. I would think it is disingenuous to suggest that you just need to "work harder" when in reality many are using a crutch that allows them to train at that level. Again, not accusing Cam of anything, however I would be highly disappointed if I found out otherwise.

I relistened to the entire podcast tonight while attending to chores. The initial post of this thread is so far off base as to what was actually said I can only think that this is nothing but a critisism of someone who believes Zinke is trying to do the right thing. CH never said anything negative about federal employees, that was Rogan, and in many cases he is right. Let me know how your next trip to the DMV goes.

Hey now, credit where credit is due, the danged feds don't issue your license plates.

But, like Buzz said, that criticism comes with the territory. I'm a gov't employee and I didn't find the remarks offensive. There are some truly lazy people I work around just coasting through life, same as when I was in the private sector.

Hey now, credit where credit is due, the danged feds don't issue your license plates.

But, like Buzz said, that criticism comes with the territory. I'm a gov't employee and I didn't find the remarks offensive. There are some truly lazy people I work around just coasting through life, same as when I was in the private sector.

I must have been very fortunate then, when I was in the USFS. Everyone I worked with as both a Archaeologist and on the fire line, showed nothing but 100% commitment, put in long hours and generally busted their a$$.

I would say the ratio of hard workers to slackers in the Government is about the same as in the private sector.

I must have been very fortunate then, when I was in the USFS. Everyone I worked with as both a Archaeologist and on the fire line, showed nothing but 100% commitment, put in long hours and generally busted their a$$.

I would say the ratio of hard workers to slackers in the Government is about the same as in the private sector.

Oh, definitely not the majority where I work. It only takes a few to give everyone that reputation though..

I'd agree with that statement in bold, but the only difference is my tax dollars don't go directly to the private sector. I would complain about those companies too, but have the choice to move my dollars elsewhere.

I'd agree with that statement in bold, but the only difference is my tax dollars don't go directly to the private sector. I would complain about those companies too, but have the choice to move my dollars elsewhere.

They don't? Defense contractors, farm bill recipients/beneficiaries, corn subsidies, energy incentives, tax credits, housing and asset building subsidies, export subsidies, cash for clunkers, loan guarantees.....etc. etc.

They don't? Defense contractors, farm bill recipients/beneficiaries, corn subsidies, energy incentives, tax credits, housing and asset building subsidies, export subsidies, cash for clunkers, loan guarantees.....etc. etc.

Disingenuous at best, you know they go through gubment coffers first.

Carry on with the Rogan/Hanes bashing.... Errrr critique.

I like Joe and Cam. Do I agree with everything they say, hell no. Does some of the stuff they say kind of bother me at times, ya.

We all go through phases in our lives. Most people try to surround themselves with like minded people. I would say 80% of my life is like that. Recently I have gotten to know people that are really different than me and think very differently. I don't have to agree with their position but it interest the hell out of me to understand it and respect it. I also feel like it makes me more staunch on things I really do believe in and it I have more empathy for other things.

I enjoy Joe's podcast for this.

The number 1 thing I think I hate in the hunting community now is the internal fighting. I get it if a guy is being a turd, IE I am on a fan of the Motor City madman and I am 100% with calling dumb people out.

With Joe and Cam they always talk about how hard bow hunting is. Can it be harder yup, are there times it is easier yup. It is way easier to kill a huge whitetail in Iowa with a bow than a gun based on the time of year you get to hunt. I am guessing there are some similarities with Elk during the rut.

I get tired of guys saying if you don't backpack hunt the west your a pussy and you don't know how to hunt. Not true, maybe you don't have the means maybe it doesn't interest you. Its all different yet all the same. Enjoy what you like and let others enjoy what they like. Follow the dam rules and laws!

If you’re offended (Rogan) you’ve got thin skin. He’s funny - and his podcasts are great. Despite his peculiarities, I’m sure Hanes is a decent guy and good for hunters. Interesting though are his views of public land and needed balance of roads and development. As great hunting and lots of big bulls are found with all of that together where he’s been hunting in Colorado he says... (around 54 minutes in). Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t he hunting XL exclusive private property in CO, just like he does in Utah? Nothing like keeping it real.

I saw he recently dodged an assault from a sword wielding geek on a recent jog while being filmed in slow motion by a bi-standing voyeur.

Attachments

• E2550154-B5AC-4698-9453-DF8CC944FE69.jpg
    E2550154-B5AC-4698-9453-DF8CC944FE69.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 78

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back