Yeti GOBOX Collection

Custom Ammo Recommendations?

mrasm282

Looking for recommendations for custom ammunition companies. I own a rifle in 6mm remington, and would like to shoot copper bullets (preferably Barnes), which is impossible to find in factory loads. I don't handload, and don't plan on starting.

Thanks in advance.

Call Steve at Hammer bullets. He will custom load any bullet you want. But, I'd reccomend using Hammers. mtmuley

Even though it's not listed on their site, might be worth asking Doubletap. They custom loaded for me once, when I was in a pinch and wasn't yet reloading myself.

Looking for recommendations for custom ammunition companies. I own a rifle in 6mm remington, and would like to shoot copper bullets (preferably Barnes), which is impossible to find in factory loads. I don't handload, and don't plan on starting.

Thanks in advance.

6mm Remington is a fantastic cartridge and it's also very accurate. My son shoots 90 gr. Nosler E-tips in his 6mm Remington. Handloads though.

Afraid I don't get these custom bullet's. Are they loaded for your rifle or simply a run of ammo according to a manual for any rifle in that caliber? Or maybe just a run according to a manual with premium bullet's? The impression I get, may be wrong, is that you'd be in the same boat as using factory ammo! On the other hand, do they require having your rifle to built the loads for? I load for different guy's now and then but I don't do the first round unless I have their rifle.

OP
Copper creek loads some pretty good ammo.

Don
There are many pet loads for a lot of different cartridges that just seem to work. Lots of custom ammo can shoot much better than factory for a number of reasons. To get the most yes they would need the rifle or at least some OAL measurements to try and test things.

OP,

Find a handloader in your area.
Some guys are picky about who they load for. Others are glad to help.

Too bad you don't reload, the Barnes TSX & T-TSX are excellent bullets. I don't know for sure, but someone once told that they had called Nosler and and had some custom loads made for them using the E-tip bullet. Might be worth your time to call and see what Nosler has to say, as I understand the E-tip is an excellent bullet.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back