New member New bowhunter from Oregon

HuntJaxx

Hello HUNT TALK...I just picked up a bow about a week ago after a year of planning and research. Rifle hunted as a youngster, as well as fishing and lots of other outdoor stuff. Looking for as much info as I can soak up before opening day here in Oregon. Mainly Blacktail this year, but will definitely be using goHunt and OnX Maps to plan a 2019 or 20 Idaho backcountry muley trip!

Welcome! From the blacktail comment, I'm guessing you're in western Oregon? I grew up near the mega-metropolis of Adrian ........ eastern side and if you didn't live within a stones throw of Adrian you most likely don't know where it's at.

Welcome! Have you been hunting with a rifle since then, or just recently start back up in all of this?

Thanks! And yes western Oregon. Mid-Willamette Valley area down by Albany. East side is great. Spent some time in Baker. Great country out there.

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully that consistency pays off at least! Bow setup is Mission Hype DTX with the trusty Ripcord drop away and a truglo 5 pin. I figure this first year go slow and then grow with experience. Thanks again for the welcome!

Thanks for the welcome! I’ve pretty much started back up and all over again. I accidentally ran across one of Randy Newberg’s podcasts and it was like a flash back so I just got back into it. Pretty serious about doing my part for public lands and conservation, so it was pretty cool to find this forum.

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully that consistency pays off at least! Bow setup is Mission Hype DTX with the trusty Ripcord drop away and a truglo 5 pin. I figure this first year go slow and then grow with experience. Thanks again for the welcome!

That's a heck of a solid set up for just starting out! Go to a shop and take a few lessons and get your form down good from the beginning. Bad form will haunt you later on when you upgrade into a faster, less forgiving bow down the road. Give 'em hell this year! There's nothing like your first bow kill.

Welcome aboard! Bowhunting is one of the most fun and exciting things to me. Sounds like you have a great attitude about it and are excited to be back out there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back