What Tires Should I Put on my Truck?

WhitetailTracker

Big Fin,

In response to your YouTube video, questioning what tires you should put on the new Nissan Titan, my vote is for BF Goodrich All-Terrrain T/A KO2's. They come in 275 70 R18, load range E. I've had these on my last three trucks. All stock size. They are quiet, wear very well, and get great traction!

Thanks. Lots of input from a lot of folks.

[video=youtube_share;Rvj6vvdX6u4]https://youtu.be/Rvj6vvdX6u4[/video]

They're my favorite as well. Always had good luck with them. I don't use my truck anywhere NEAR as much off road as Randy does but they always do what I need. I average 60K per set or so before swapping out for new ones.

I know a lot of folks running the ko2s and I have them on my truck. It isn't the best tire for any one thing, but it does a good job for most tire needs and lasts a long time. They are kinda pricey.

The Cooper ST Maxx is a money tire, but due to the huge amount of highway miles I'd go with the Discoverer A/T3. Best of all worlds, but I assume Randy already knows that..

Another alternative would be any in the General Grabber line. I personally have about 30k miles on my Grabber AT2s and they're wearing like iron and have been great off road. They're rated for 60k and I don't doubt that they'll get somewhere in the 50k area. I'd say they're really similar to the BFG KO2s, but about $100 cheaper per tire.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2

My personal experience has been great with them, but I know that the older General tires didn't have the best track record. Seems as though the must have changed something with their new lines.

I have run a couple sets of the BFG at KO on different trucks over the years and loved them. I am running Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac now, and am as impressed if not maybe a little more impressed with them as the BFG KO2's. I would probably buy the cheaper of the two.

I know a lot of folks running the ko2s and I have them on my truck. It isn't the best tire for any one thing, but it does a good job for most tire needs and lasts a long time. They are kinda pricey.

What is 'kinda pricey' ?

I have the Cooper AT3's and am very pleased with their performance on and off highway. Never a bad choice to choose Toyo Open Country AT2's are a excellent tire also.

I know you have run the Cooper Discover AT3's lately,but you should look at the SST Maxx if your driving where I think you are still driving. I know the AT's are quieter & are nice on the road, but I have been seeing them shredded after 2 yrs here Randy.
I went a step further & have the Kenda Klever MT's on both my trucks now & love them.
Tires do me no good if I can't get to the hwy half the year. They are also quieter than half the less aggressive tires out there...............

For me, treadlife is a secondary concern when selecting a tire. I don't like surprises when conditions really go to Hell. It's a trade off. Highway manners, or off road capability. mtmuley

For me, treadlife is a secondary concern when selecting a tire. I don't like surprises when conditions really go to Hell. It's a trade off. Highway manners, or off road capability. mtmuley

Are the ST Maxx tires better on ice than the old ST’s were? That was my only dislike with them, and I went through about four sets.

You’re right though about trade offs and what is most important. Guys who are driving hundreds of miles and over mountain passes will likely value traction on snow/ice more than off road conditions. Hard to get a perfect tire for everything, that’s why I carry chains.

The ST Maxx is by far the best tire I've ever used on snow and ice. Icy highways and deep snow mountain roads are both no problem. I also have mine siped. Boots and tires. Don't skimp. mtmuley

The ST Maxx is by far the best tire I've ever used on snow and ice. Icy highways and deep snow mountain roads are both no problem. I also have mine siped. Boots and tires. Don't skimp. mtmuley

Will they fit on my Subaru?? :cool:

I already posted this on the original post but I have had good luck with Cooper ATP and Hankook Dynapro ATM. Since Randy mentioned tons of highway miles I suggest a mild tire that can still get it done.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back