Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Utah Credit Card hits

Bison with a bow?! That sounds fun. Congrats, Randy!

As a bonus, you’ll still be able to make the Montana rifle opener on the 20th.

I've never considered it lucky to NOT draw a pronghorn tag. But, in this case, it is lucky. My odds for a Utah pronghorn tag were almost a shoe-in, given how few people are in the max point pool with me.
Somehow, I must have again been the unlucky dude who didn't draw.

Utah draw order is LE Deer, LE Elk, LE Pronghorn, OIL species. If you draw a LE tag, you cannot draw another tag. If I had drawn pronghorn, I would have been pulled out of the OIL draws. I would have been just fine with that outcome, as this was my 21st year applying for that pronghorn tag in UT.

There were 6 NRs in the UT pronghorn max point pool, with me being one of those 6. There are usually two NR tags for the San Rafeal- North pronghorn hunt. Most often, 3-4 of them buy points. Last year, 3 people applied for the two NR bonus tags and the rest bought points. I did not draw last year. To now be sitting at 20 points, is extraordinary bad drawing luck, as for the last six or seven years, only 3-5 people with max points apply for those two NR bonus tags . Somehow, every year, I've managed to be the guy who didn't draw.

Not complaining, given how good it turned out this year. And, with the few number of remaining NRs in the max points, I'm pretty sure I will be pronghorn hunting the San Rafael unit in the next two years.

Congratulations, Randy. Looking forward to hearing about the bison hunt.

That bison hunt will be awesome. That's not an easy hunt! Can't wait to see it unfold.

Congrats Randy!!

I got my email as well and Im looking forward to the hunt

SUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Archery Bull Elk
Hunt: Southwest Desert
Weapon: Archery
Your season date(s): Aug 18 - Sept 14, 2018

Yep, congratulations, Randy. That will be a difficult and grand adventure for sure! Good luck!

Oh, as usual I got blanked, except for general archery deer on the Cache.

Congrats Randy!!!

I just got an email from Utah at 4:46 PT today. Looks like I'll be joining the Utah Hunters this year for the first time after applying for 17 years:
SUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Rifle Buck Deer

Hunt: Book Cliffs, North
Weapon: Any Legal Weapon
Your season date(s): Oct 20 - Oct 28, 2018

Very Cool!!

Good Luck to everyone applying!!

I was wondering why I hadn't received an e-mail so I logged on to my account and it shows that I didn't put in this year. Looked through my e-mails for a confirmation from when I applied and sure enough I didn't have anything. My application must not have went through for some reason, I remember applying. I'm definitely not real happy about being set back a year in the points pool.

Congrats to all those that drew. All unsuccesful's here but glad to hear the emails are still trickling in. My email came at 9:15am PT today but still nothing on my two boys. And seeing as how I used my Cabelas Visa, that does me no good either (as Randy mentioned)...

I just received my "thanks for trying" email a few minutes ago, good luck to all those still waiting to hear

I bet you a nickel that if you CALL you credit card company and ask exactly to know of “Pending Authorizations” in the last couple days and that if you have bought anything on that card in the last hour, or day they will tell you about it. if you think about it....how are you gonna walk away from a store having spent a few hundred dollars or whatever and the credit card company not has verified that the charge will be accepted. That is what a pending authorization is because the store has to be sure you’re not over your limit or the card is not cancelled before you leave. Credit card company has the data immediately and there are ways for you to access the info immediately as well if take the right approach (different for different cards). Across 5 cards I have never not been able to at leeast get pending authorization on the phone if not online. My citi card pending authorizations can be accessed via a phone app within a minute. Would not keep a card that did not have that functionaliy. And definitely would not apply for hunts with one cuz I have ZERO patience for hunt draw results. sad I know.

You are probably right, but I received a nice little congratulatory email at about 3am this morning saying I was successful. I'm pretty pumped, but sorry for the guys who didn't draw this year.

I also received my "better luck next year, keep sending us money" email today. Got a bit unlucky not to draw. With our points we we're not a likely shoe-in but close. Good luck to all who drew. I get to focus on my MT deer hunt!

Hear this on Elk talk live this Wednesday. Better late than never, right....? ha! Saw today you got a bison tag! That's awesome! Good LUCK!

Anyone else still waiting to receive and email? My have received my son’s email, but I’m still waiting for mine. I just checked the application and everything looks fine

I received my Dear John letter from UT. I would paraphrase what it said but I don't think Big Fin allows that type of language on his family friendly forums. You know a state doesn't love you when you don't draw a north of 70% odds general season archery deer permit. I even went on a volunteer habitat improvement project in UT for sage grouse this spring trying to lock-down some good draw karma...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back