Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Khunter View Post
    I bet you a nickel that if you CALL you credit card company and ask exactly to know of “Pending Authorizations” in the last couple days and that if you have bought anything on that card in the last hour, or day they will tell you about it. if you think about it....how are you gonna walk away from a store having spent a few hundred dollars or whatever and the credit card company not has verified that the charge will be accepted. That is what a pending authorization is because the store has to be sure you’re not over your limit or the card is not cancelled before you leave. Credit card company has the data immediately and there are ways for you to access the info immediately as well if take the right approach (different for different cards). Across 5 cards I have never not been able to at leeast get pending authorization on the phone if not online. My citi card pending authorizations can be accessed via a phone app within a minute. Would not keep a card that did not have that functionaliy. And definitely would not apply for hunts with one cuz I have ZERO patience for hunt draw results. sad I know.
    You are probably right, but I received a nice little congratulatory email at about 3am this morning saying I was successful. I'm pretty pumped, but sorry for the guys who didn't draw this year.

2. Default

I also received my "better luck next year, keep sending us money" email today. Got a bit unlucky not to draw. With our points we we're not a likely shoe-in but close. Good luck to all who drew. I get to focus on my MT deer hunt!

Hear this on Elk talk live this Wednesday. Better late than never, right....? ha! Saw today you got a bison tag! That's awesome! Good LUCK!
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

Anyone else still waiting to receive and email? My have received my son’s email, but I’m still waiting for mine. I just checked the application and everything looks fine

5. Default

I received my Dear John letter from UT. I would paraphrase what it said but I don't think Big Fin allows that type of language on his family friendly forums. You know a state doesn't love you when you don't draw a north of 70% odds general season archery deer permit. I even went on a volunteer habitat improvement project in UT for sage grouse this spring trying to lock-down some good draw karma...

nonresident pronghorn for me

Quote Originally Posted by utahminer View Post
    Anyone else still waiting to receive and email? My have received my son’s email, but I’m still waiting for mine. I just checked the application and everything looks fine
    I'm still waiting for mine.

I received mine but not my sons. Didn't have any CC charges, so I'm sure it is all negative, but....
    Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Well after 18 years my Dad and I FINALLY drew Books Rifle
    I got the email this morning, best and only Mother’s Day gift ever
    After receiving confirmation I was surprisingly calm- more of an exhale/disbelief
    I feel extremely blessed to be able to go on one more (hopefully) great hunt with my Dad
    Never hunted Utah, drove through it at least a couple dozen times
    Guess now we’ll find out
    Good Luck to everyone in the draws and on there upcoming hunts
    Electraman

Best of luck to you. We see Bison just about every trip we make to the Henry's. It is an amazing place.

Name:  DSCN2926_565.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  DSCN2917_556.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  20170804_065423.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  20170803_062127.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  28.1 KB

Still waiting on my email.

Quote Originally Posted by ishootdasmallones View Post
    Still waiting on my email.
    Me too. I called UDWR yesterday morning and they said that all emails were supposed to sent out yesterday. I have been in a little bit of panic that I haven't heard anything from Utah, so it feel good to hear that I'm not alone.

Perhaps there is a bias against Colorado residents since Utah lost the Outdoor Expo to Colorado

Congrats on the Bison permit, Randy. My hunting partner and I put in for the South Cache muzzy elk, I got the typical, "unsuccessful" email on Mother's Day,
    but also got another email later asking if he could borrow my muzzleloader! Guess we are going to Utah, woohoo.

Quote Originally Posted by elkantlers View Post
    Name:  20170804_065423.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  20170803_062127.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  28.1 KB
    Amazing place and never gets old. Sandy Ranches was for sales a few years back for $9.5M. Told the wife if we win the lotto I'll buy; retire grazing permits in exchange for a couple Buf and Deer tags each year. Life would be amazing if you could hunt on a regular basis. Heck I'd even give them to disabled vets or kids.

We are fortunate someone with the Utah Fish & Game turned Buffalo lose in the 50's and then the state had vision to expand into Book Cliffs.

Nothing in Utah for me this year. Congratulations and good hunting to everyone who drew.

Congrats Randy!
    Q: Why does Snoop Dogg need an umbrella?
    A: Fo Drizzle

Still waiting on the email, but my preference points are updated.

I still haven't got an e-mail but was happy to finally see my preference points get updated. I was worried that my app hadn't went through.

I had to finally call the UDWR to get a confirmation that everything was fine. Sounds like they are having some problems with emails this year.

I had to finally call the UDWR to get a confirmation that everything was fine. Sounds like they are having some problems with emails this year.
    Where they able to get the email to your, or just recommend that everyone sit tight. Not that it matters really at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ishootdasmallones View Post
    Where they able to get the email to your, or just recommend that everyone sit tight. Not that it matters really at this point.
    They were able to look up my application and the results. They said that they thought all the emails would be out soon. After reading bigsky2's post I went into the system and saw that my preference points have also been updated.

Glad I am not the only one that hasn't gotten an email. I had funds taken out and only waited a few days to call them and get the unit I had drawn, but I am still waiting to see it in writing before I schedule the time off work.

Do they mail anything? Or, do you have to print on your own?

They will mail you a tag.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast