new bow ordered..

std7mag

Well after much research and shooting more than a few bow i ordered my new one.

APA Viper Air.

Now i just need the oppurtunity to pull back on something in the organic food group.. :D

Well, my bow finally made it through Customs.
Picked it up yesterday. Put my old 3 arrow quiver on it, and a new Tru Glo sight.
Pulled back to tune it and was shocked to find my arrows were too short for that bow.
Was a head scratcher as i know i have a 30 inch draw length.
So picked up new arrows too. Carbon Express Pile Drivers.

Shot out to 40 yards while there. Was surprised that it still seemed faster even with the heavier arrows than my old bow (1992 Golden Eagle Hawk Carbine). Was also impressed with group size, i could wrap my hand around 3 arrows.

So overall i'm very pleased with the purchase! Lighter, faster with less draw weight, more accurate. What more could i want?

Awesome, you'll have to post a picture of your set up after you get it all ready. Good luck putting some dinner on the table!!

I've always been interested in APA but they were virtually impossible to find locally. A shop about 50 minutes away finally got them in, so I'm looking forward to checking out a shop I've never been to and trying out a new bow.

Lol, yeah John!
I keep telling my wife.
" oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam. And the deer and the antelope play!"
Well it sure ain't Pennsylvania!!!
Really want to move to Wyoming!
Might just have to send her a postcard. Lol

Loving this bow so far. 1/2 the weight of my old bow. Don't need a stabilizer(again cutting down weight). Way more consistant than my old bow. Have yet to shoot a group (even from 40 yards) that i can't wrap my hand around 3 arrows. Oh, and quiet....

So looking forward to hunting season!

Well, i've had to set the bow up again. Sight was waay too low in it's travel.
Shot through paper and arrow was big time nose down.
Found out loop was set too high.
Redid the loop and re sighted in. I had to get new arrows when i bought the bow, as the ones i had for my old bow were too short. Got 6 Carbon Express Pile Drivers.
Have since gotten new Carbon Express Blu RZ, and 75gr points and broadheads from G5.

Shooting at 50 yards shot a group with the vanes overlapping and touching the other arrows.
Next pin at 60 yards and i'll be ready!

Well after much research and shooting more than a few bow i ordered my new one.

APA Viper Air.

Now i just need the oppurtunity to pull back on something in the organic food group.. :D

Lol, yeah John!
I keep telling my wife.
" oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam. And the deer and the antelope play!"
Well it sure ain't Pennsylvania!!!
Really want to move to Wyoming!
Might just have to send her a postcard. Lol
You get her convinced on moving West, let me know how you did it...I have too much invested to say "Gotta go now baby if I hurry I can still make Cheyenne" Plus I way out kicked my coverage with her. I just remind her if she won't move out there then I have to go out there hunting every year.

Back