300wsm in browning

kiwi hunter

well im a pussy when it comes to big cases but was pleasantly surprised with browning x bolt,,i fired nine rounds with eight in 150 gr winchester sup x,the box stated muzzle vel at 3270 but chrono said they all ran at around 3125,,fired one shot with federal 180 power shok and box stated 2980 and chrono confirmed at 2982,,easy to shoot with just a gently push but does jump a wee bit
very pleased and now for some bulls of the tahr variety

I have only fired that round in a Kimber Montana and must say it was very manageable. It has a totally different recoil than a .300 Rem Mag.

I almost bought that exact same rifle and caliber combo, but hesitated, i kick myself now. Good luck with it!

Put some 165-168 gr bullets through that pipe. My handloads are a pleasure to shoot through my 300wsm.

I just bought an Xbolt hunter (walnut stock) in 300 win mag and i was worried i should've gone to a hells canyon for the brake but after shooting it I'm glad i didn't. Recoil isn't bad at all, but i agree muzzle jump is pretty noticeable. I only shot 180 grain partitions so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back