Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Rocky Pro Hunter Boots

Elk Arrow

Looking at buying a pair of these for my new elk hunting boots. Does anyone have an opinion on these?

Thanks

I haven't had very good luck with rocky boots in general. I also avoid boots that mix leather with other materials such as cordura (spell?). It seems the seams between differing material break down easier than all leather boots.

I haven't had very good luck with rocky boots in general. I also avoid boots that mix leather with other materials such as cordura (spell?). It seems the seams between differing material break down easier than all leather boots.

The last two pair of Rocky boots that I had were junk. They both feel apart. Save yourself some grief and get the best boot you can afford. Crispi, Zamberlans, Lowa, Kenetrek all make good boots.

I owned a pair of Rocky boots once. Worked great here in the flat lands took them elk hunting in the mountains and still have the scars on the back of my heals from 5 years ago..

i have Rocky boots, they do work well for mostly flat terrain, but once you go out west they're junk. had someone i work with go on an Colorado elk hunt last year. he asked me about gear, told him to invest in good boots, the best he could afford, as that should be his top priority. needless to say he didn't listen, said his Rocky boots he uses for deer hunting would be just fine, came back from his trip without filling his tag, hobbling around in pain for a few weeks. later on he confessed that after the first day hunting, his feet hurt so bad that he stayed in camp the rest of his hunt week, and was miserable.

Very disappointed with my pair. Some of the metal lace eyelets ripped out. Not 100% waterproof.

Back