Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

FS: Rem 700 Police PSS 308 w/ Canjar set trigger

T Bone

For Sale: $675 shipped from private party to your FFL.

Per Remington, this Police PSS 308 Win left the factory in 1990.

Overall, it is in very nice condition. It has a few bumps and scratches that do not show up in pictures.

Round count is unknown, as I bought it used, but if appears to have fired very little, based on the bolt face and the lug wear.

It has a Canjar set trigger with a wide shoe. Unset, the trigger breaks at 8 oz. Set is 2oz. It is the best trigger I have ever tried.

The stock I believe is from HS precision. It has pillars, a double palm swell, and the beavertail forearm. It is unbedded. Barrel is centered perfectly.

The bottom metal is factory. The trigger hole has been slightly modified to fit the Canjar wide shoe.

The front action screw has 2 thin washers as shims. It came that way, so I left it.

barrel is the heavy profile, crown has a little bit of rub wear on it, as does the bolt handle.

Matte finish is the fine matte from the time period.

I bought the rifle with a scope which I'll be listing separately. It's a Swarovski 10x42 ZFR calibrated to the 308 win.

The rifle also came with one box of empty Federal Gold Medal 168 grn. Perhaps that means the rifle liked the ammo. Perhaps it means 20 rounds were fired. Perhaps it means nothing.

I bought the rifle with thoughts of shooting long range, but life gets busy and I haven't touched it. I need some cash to pay for another toy, so this rifle can be yours.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

For those interested, I just wanted to add that my Department purchased 15 of these back in the 90's for the SWAT Team to be used as CS rifles. They all shot well right out of the box with the stock Remington triggers. We used the Federal Gold Medal Match 168 factory load, and they all shot .75 moa or better. With the rifle I was issued, I shot a 5 shot group that measured .192 with the Federal ammo. We had Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20 X 40 mounted on them.
I do not know T Bone, but did reply to his post in the "Firearms" section. I would not hesitate to buy this if I were in the market for a solid, well shooting rifle.

Last edited:
Thanks for the assist Laelkhunter!

It seems the 308 is the short heavy gal at the dance these days....but if it does not sell, I won't be sad.

I just need to get out and shoot more, and fish more, and backpack more.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back