Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

NRA protesters

Huntkook

I see the NRA protests are going on again. They're wanting changes made to the 2nd amendment. I wonder if they'd be willing to give up one of they're rights lets say like freedom of speech. Yeah then they could shut they hell up and worry about other more pressing issues.

It's sad that the NRA is unwilling to come up with any positive viable solutions to gun violence, but is stuck in an ever increasingly opposed rhetoric continually stoking the political firestorm.

Those who advocate some form of change as a solution see no other way forward than proposing changes to the 2nd amendment. To me the situation is a terrible unhealthy dilemma for our nation.

I would be interested in hearing your " positive viable solutions to gun violence", Straight Arrow.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting. The issues today are because of society (decay) changing and lack of enforcement of current laws. Every life lost due to other than natural circumstances is a tragedy. This includes firearms related death's. alcohol related death's. drug related death's and all others. Do we ban alcohol again, that didn't work last time. Or should we make it where if you drink you cannot own or operate a vehicle. Would that prevent all DUI death's. We can go on and on about gun control but until society values life and respect of all folks nothing will work.

Dan

Violence has been part of society forever. Most of these shootings have been done by people with past mental health issues. I would propose that when you fill out the ATF form 4473 that there be a mental health disclaimer on the form allowing them to check for any past history. You sign that form to allow them to check out your criminal past why not your mental stability. I also believe we as a society have no fear of repercussion.I believe we are turning into a Godless society.

My understanding of the 2nd amendment is that it is there so citizens have a means to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. This is what we are trading. We assume what happened in Syria, Venezuela, Iraq etc. where a political power changed the rules governing a country would never happen here.

It's sad that the NRA is unwilling to come up with any positive viable solutions to gun violence, but is stuck in an ever increasingly opposed rhetoric continually stoking the political firestorm.

Those who advocate some form of change as a solution see no other way forward than proposing changes to the 2nd amendment. To me the situation is a terrible unhealthy dilemma for our nation.

That's not the job or reason of the NRA's founding. Where did you get the idea they are responsible for solving societies violent tendencies (which has been around far longer then firearms). The anti gun crowd will never be satisfied until we loose our right to bear arms and they are fine with doing it one limiting gun control law at a time. If you give them a inch they'll take a mile.

Text of the 2nd Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Seems to me that the NRA wants ZERO regulation.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Regulation in that case refers to training, no?

By your interpretation one could easily argue that the militia must be regulated, “the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be INFRINGED”

Infringe definition-Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.

If we are going to infringe on one right why not infringe in another, let’s make it illegal for any media source to report a mass shooting.. What good does it do anyone other than to inspire others?

Last edited:
I would be interested in hearing your " positive viable solutions to gun violence", Straight Arrow.
Support of more stringent background checks to include gun show sales, limitations/restrictions on high capacity magazines, improved mental health programs, and others already widely proposed to affect positive change. But moreover in general, the NRA reverting back to the former organization which advocated and implemented firearms safe and responsible ownership as their number one priority. My Montana hunter education guide back in the day was the NRA HUNTER SAFETY HANDBOOK. NRA's attitude regarding firearms safety is pretty obscure presently.

Instead the NRA perpetuates the fear mongering conspiracy to abolish the 2nd Amendment and "take our guns away".
The anti gun crowd will never be satisfied until we loose (sic) our right to bear arms and they are fine with doing it one limiting gun control law at a time. If you give them a inch they'll take a mile.
That quote illustrates the conspiracy theory to a tee.

Support of more stringent background checks to include gun show sales, limitations/restrictions on high capacity magazines, improved mental health programs, and others already widely proposed to affect positive change. But moreover in general, the NRA reverting back to the former organization which advocated and implemented firearms safe and responsible ownership as their number one priority. My Montana hunter education guide back in the day was the NRA HUNTER SAFETY HANDBOOK. NRA's attitude regarding firearms safety is pretty obscure presently.

Instead the NRA perpetuates the fear mongering conspiracy to abolish the 2nd Amendment and "take our guns away". That quote illustrates the conspiracy theory to a tee.

So no private transfers of personal property? Because that is what you advocate here. You say guns are dangerous? So only outlaw the private transfers of something that can harm someone, great.

What sizee would be an acceptable magazine limit for you? This ties in closely to your comment about conspiracies at the end. THERE ARE groups who wish to abolish the Second Amendment and right to self defense. They hide their long term goal purposely to garner support from people like you who buy into their line about "reasonable restrictions" when they know full well they intend to do much more, as in all they can.

Mental health is the NRAs responsibility? Get real. That doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Instead the NRA perpetuates the fear mongering conspiracy to abolish the 2nd Amendment and "take our guns away". That quote illustrates the conspiracy theory to a tee.

It's hard to believe you live in Montana, where so many citizens own and cherish guns and the second amendment.

The gun control advocates do wish to eliminate honest hard working Americans from owning firearms. They are trying to do it piece by piece. They are going after everyone and not targeting the criminal crowd. Now explain to me how one method of inflicting injury and death to a person is accepted and another is not. I would ask everyone to step back and try to use common sense to address the problem. It amazes me how one group can without blinking an eye want to eliminate the 2nd amendment but find it terrible if one should suggest eliminating the right of a mentally unstable person to keep their condition from the FBI's NICS program. That's doesn't fit their agenda. Or how about going after the drunk drivers that destroy so many lives and family's.
All I hear about is how the anti gun crowd want to take all of our rights regarding the 2nd amendment but fail to say how they are going to get the criminals to give up their firearms. When is the anti gun crowd going to push for the full application of our current gun laws. You don't hear anything about that. I spent nearly 28 years as a Deputy Sheriff in Cascade County, Mt. We had felons in possession of firearms, sawed off shot guns and guns used in commission of crime. In many cases ATF refused to take the cases to DOJ for prosecution. The laws were in place but again the system failed and no one give a shit.
If you feel the 2nd Amendment is out dated that's your right. Turn in all your firearms and become a bow hunter. Lead by example.
Folks firearms are not the problem. The problem is the way society is leading our country down the toilet. No one is responsible for their actions and it's someone else's fault they commit crimes. No one is held accountable for their actions, this needs to change.

Ok rant is over but you get the idea.

Dan

The gun control advocates do wish to eliminate honest hard working Americans from owning firearms. They are trying to do it piece by piece. They are going after everyone and not targeting the criminal crowd. Now explain to me how one method of inflicting injury and death to a person is accepted and another is not. I would ask everyone to step back and try to use common sense to address the problem. It amazes me how one group can without blinking an eye want to eliminate the 2nd amendment but find it terrible if one should suggest eliminating the right of a mentally unstable person to keep their condition from the FBI's NICS program. That's doesn't fit their agenda. Or how about going after the drunk drivers that destroy so many lives and family's.
All I hear about is how the anti gun crowd want to take all of our rights regarding the 2nd amendment but fail to say how they are going to get the criminals to give up their firearms. When is the anti gun crowd going to push for the full application of our current gun laws. You don't hear anything about that. I spent nearly 28 years as a Deputy Sheriff in Cascade County, Mt. We had felons in possession of firearms, sawed off shot guns and guns used in commission of crime. In many cases ATF refused to take the cases to DOJ for prosecution. The laws were in place but again the system failed and no one give a shit.
If you feel the 2nd Amendment is out dated that's your right. Turn in all your firearms and become a bow hunter. Lead by example.
Folks firearms are not the problem. The problem is the way society is leading our country down the toilet. No one is responsible for their actions and it's someone else's fault they commit crimes. No one is held accountable for their actions, this needs to change.

Ok rant is over but you get the idea.

Dan

well put, I appreciate for one some examples/logic brought into the discussion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back