Backcountry Rechargable devices

Sytes

I have a solar rechargeable unit that easily clips to the outside of my pack.

IMG_20180505_100638.jpg

However, I bypass the solar pad and go with two simple and compact recharge units. Always fearful one may go screwy as has happened so the two is simple adverse odds reduction.

Even the recharge unit that came with my solar kit has become outdated due to the release of the latest and greatest rechargers.

Take for instance the following...
https://www.pcmag.com/review/359115/imuto-portable-charger-x6-pro
485498-imuto-main.jpg

This bruiser of a unit is only 50$!!! W/ 30,000 mAh! This, in place of the other will recharge units for a week of constant use.
It measures 6.7 by 3.4 by 1.2 inches (HWD) and weighs a hefty 1.5 pounds.
1.5lbs... or two super light units I currently carry that will not hold near the charge ability. This unit also has a snazzy led display for remaining power, etc.

So, when it comes to the modern world of GPS, InReach, Smartphone, GoPro... I believe the weight of that unit is pretty reasonable for it's offered security.

Of course minimalists may differ though as a minimalist, are you really carrying electronic gadgets vs the classic compass and map, if that? (I carry these as backup as well as the mass electronis).

A friend passed on this ingenious unit as well that I believe is worth noting:
[video=youtube_share;JrMd97U5Qs8]https://youtu.be/JrMd97U5Qs8[/video]
Very cool! Throw in the creek while out and about and it holds up to 25,000 uAh! (3.5 lbs though, ouch!)

What do you typically carry for electronics, digital cameras, etc? What do you carry to recharge in the backcountry?
I'm thinking I'll pick up the iMuto Portable Charger X6 Pro I'll cut back on my food to have my electronics... Haha! J/k. :) Though I'll figure a way to pack all the gear, etc. 1.5lbs is well, what it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back