Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Seen this yet?

We're getting to technological with our hunting equipment I think it takes away from the hunt. I wonder what's next automatic trigger pull when target is acquired. I use a rangefinder and that's it.

The sales job continues. A codger like me looks at stuff like this and asks why? In the back of my head I'm also thinking the purity of any activity in the outdoors is reduced by dragging so much machinery into it. I'm guilty too though.

This lazy man technology will never stop. We can only help deter crap like this by not buying it.

We're getting to technological with our hunting equipment I think it takes away from the hunt. I wonder what's next automatic trigger pull when target is acquired. I use a rangefinder and that's it.

Target acquisition and radar lock

Just think gentlemen, spears and loin cloths had em ooh'ing and ah'ing during the Flntstone's era.

muley, that price point is going to entice some buyers.

I lived in Washington State in the 80's. They had hunting areas that they call "primitive arms". Muzzleloaders, no adjustable sights and could not be inline, no sabots. Pretty neat.

When i was at the Harrisburg, PA Outdoor Show i was checking out this one scope.
Had a laser rangefinder, inclinometer, temp, barametric pressure, density altitude, altimiter all in the scope.
Plug in your velocity, BC and ... Cable in your wind meter.
Scope was heavy as all get out!
And at only $4,500, what wasn't to love?

I wonder what's next automatic trigger pull when target is acquired. I use a rangefinder and that's it.

Hunting from drones. You can hunt antelope, deer, elk, and even goat/sheep from anywhere with WIFI. The guides take the drones out to the hunt unit and release them while the "hunters" utilize heat sensing and night vision cameras to find game, fly in closer, and decide if they want to kill after the computer generates an estimated score for the animal or in some cases the hunter can see the price that G&F/Landowner put on the animal and can choose to purchase/hunt/kill via face recognition software to confirm you were the actual hunter for SCI rankings.

I must sat that I tried an adapter for my scope/phone the other day and it was nice to look at the screen as opposed to through a scope. Also neat since others can see your cross hairs as that might be handy for a youth hunt if legal. Many times I have wondered what the heck the cross hairs looked like in relation to the animal while other people took shots.

Haha Rancho.

That’s funny.

I drove my brother in laws new Tesla last week. The fast one. All this tech is cool, but in a way it’s not. His S4 twin turbo with a stick might not be as fast but imo it’s much funnier to drive!!

I don't think this is in any way a big advantage or over the top as far as fair chase is concerned. All the system does is make the dope adjustment for you. Oh, goody, goody, now I don't have to turn the turret on my scope according to my drop chart. Might save a couple seconds but that's about it. I think the biggest turn off for any electronic scope is that it's not going to last forever, whereas your quality traditional scope probably will. It's electronic; it's going to malfunction/break eventually. I guess this setup might be beneficial for someone who isn't very shooting savy, but I'm personally not seeing the advantage. Now if the scope is pulling the trigger for you, or anything drone related, that's obviously over the top regarding fair chase.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back