Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

3 plus 16 now for me for sheep.

I have filled out about 80-90 Mtn Goat apps for 6-7 states over the last 20 years. I am not getting any younger. the odds will be terrible in a few years because of the app process change. I burned my points and drew a Mtn Goat tag in unit 16.

Congrats Buschy. I am happy someone can beat the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by poormanslam View Post
    3 plus 16 now for me for sheep.

I have filled out about 80-90 Mtn Goat apps for 6-7 states over the last 20 years. I am not getting any younger. the odds will be terrible in a few years because of the app process change. I burned my points and drew a Mtn Goat tag in unit 16.

Congrats Buschy. I am happy someone can beat the odds.

Thank you poormanslam. I put in for a nanny hunt this year with pretty good odds. If anything, I thought that’s what I might have a chance at. I am excited to hear about your goat hunt. Keep us in the loop!

Swing and miss for this guy...

No sheep or goat for me, but wasn't really expecting it either.

I'll be curious to see the stats for applications with the new system application process.

Congrats Buschy!
    God's trying to bless America, there's just too many people getting in the way.

Congrats Buschy!!

Good for you Buschy...looking fwd to following.

3 plus 9. No dice. Try again next year.

8. Default

I was lucky enough to draw a G1/G14 goat tag. Looks like I need to get into 14er shape...

Quote Originally Posted by andyschaef View Post
    I was lucky enough to draw a G1/G14 goat tag. Looks like I need to get into 14er shape...
    Congrats Andy! Looking forward to hearing about your hunt.

No sheep tag, but I drew a nanny tag in G12. Let the research begin. I can't wait for September.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    No sheep tag, but I drew a nanny tag in G12. Let the research begin. I can't wait for September.
    Congrats Pelican!

12. Default

Congrats on the goat tag! Yeah I can't wait for the season to start.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ishootdasmallones View Post
    Congrats Andy! Looking forward to hearing about your hunt.
    Thanks! I'll make sure to get a post up after the hunt.

Draw recaps are up for the hunts....by by draw odds. Half the odds alone this year... wait for 3 years for the 10,000+ new applicants = GRIM...
    "Stupid is as stupid does..."

http://fenderimages.com/

Someone correct me if I am reading this wrong, but 2017 RMBS received 17,739 apps, and this year it went up to 40,993. That's insane. Draw odds just went even further down the hole, I'm just glad I am 4 years ahead of the madness. But hey, you may never get a tag, but at least everyone can apply now....
    Last edited by ishootdasmallones; 05-14-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Just because I am bored:

DBHS apps in 2017 were 1950, 2018 they went up to 4559.

Mountain Goat was 12095 in 2017, and 33,411 in 2018.
    Last edited by ishootdasmallones; 05-14-2018 at 07:29 PM.

For NRs new applicants equal
    8500+ RMBHS
    7600+ Mtn Goat
    1200+ DBHS

I had a lot of people tell me I was crazy for “throwing away” 18 Mtn Goat points for a Nanny tag. How long will it take the 7500. New applicants to realize they will not draw a billy tag and turn to the Nanny draw. A few of the new applicNts this year applied for Nannies even though they could not draw. Colo Is much like Utah for NRs for trophy species now.

Colorado was "mad genius" in leaving the application fee so cheap for this year.

Look at how many people have they suckered in before bumping the app fee up next year!

Quote Originally Posted by vanish View Post
    Colorado was "mad genius" in leaving the application fee so cheap for this year.

Look at how many people have they suckered in before bumping the app fee up next year!
    I'm sure if the fees go to high or back to where they were a couple thousand will throw away the $3 donation from this year.

20. Default

3 and 13 points for me and nothing. It is already hard to draw....once 2021 hits and the new wave of people who began this year because of the draw change, it's going to be REALLY hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoNick View Post
    3 and 13 points for me and nothing. It is already hard to draw....once 2021 hits and the new wave of people who began this year because of the draw change, it's going to be REALLY hard.
    Correct. Stupid long odds.

Quote Originally Posted by poormanslam View Post
    For NRs new applicants equal
    8500+ RMBHS
    7600+ Mtn Goat
    1200+ DBHS

I had a lot of people tell me I was crazy for “throwing away” 18 Mtn Goat points for a Nanny tag. How long will it take the 7500. New applicants to realize they will not draw a billy tag and turn to the Nanny draw. A few of the new applicNts this year applied for Nannies even though they could not draw. Colo Is much like Utah for NRs for trophy species now.
    I think you made the smart move and got out at the right time. This was my first year eligible for the draw with 3+0 seems like my best bet ro draw will be the next couple years before the new pool kicks in. I'm sure they'll raise the application fee significantly but not to high to scare of there new pool of applicant's. Colorado definitely found a way to maximize their revenue.

The "Future Generations Act" specifies a maximum of $10 for res and $20 for non-res.

I'll bet they push it right to the max within 2 years, at least for MSG.

24. Default

Howdy, so I guess this is the area where I post that I drew the "only" S71 archery Sheep tag this year and I've been eagerly reading the post that outlined the hunt in this unit last year. I can't seem to locate it OR maybe he's getting ready for a new post but was hoping to say that if you read this, I would love the chance to chat further about your hunt.

Thanks in advance....

Quote Originally Posted by JENOC View Post
    Howdy, so I guess this is the area where I post that I drew the "only" S71 archery Sheep tag this year and I've been eagerly reading the post that outlined the hunt in this unit last year. I can't seem to locate it OR maybe he's getting ready for a new post but was hoping to say that if you read this, I would love the chance to chat further about your hunt.

Thanks in advance....
    This one?

https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...ory-Part-2-S71

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12