Yeti GOBOX Collection

Need Advise on DIY White Tail hunt

RSmart88

Looking for some advice or where to get steps on best States with public land for a DIY white tail hunt over the counter. I see that Kansas and N. Dakota may be some good options. I have only ever hunted White tails in Texas and Michigan blind hunting and would like to start planning a 3-5 day stalk hunt on public property. I'm not looking to shoot a record or anything just low pressure public land with good odds of seeing a decent buck.

Welcome aboard...2 things I see (and I know there are some hidden gems) but low pressure and over the counter do not go together....that being said Nebraska has options. I believe Kansas is on a draw system and the deadline has already past...South Dakota appears to have good options although I've never done it I have looked into it some.

I think you need to give Idaho a look. There’s a lot of public land in the northern part of the state with OTC whitetail buck tags. I think some areas even allow you to buy two.

I should have added that MN is over the counter. Just walk in and buy a tag and go hunting. Tons of public land here.

Thanks for the help thus far, are there any good threads on here in regards to over the counter tags for anything other than white tail for rifle season? I have been looking through thread after thread but haven't found what i looking for yet. Any help or nudges towards some good info would be great.

Thanks for the help thus far, are there any good threads on here in regards to over the counter tags for anything other than white tail for rifle season? I have been looking through thread after thread but haven't found what i looking for yet. Any help or nudges towards some good info would be great.

Just about every state has OTC tags for something during a rifle season. I think you either need to figure out what you want to hunt and decide area from there, or pick a place you'd like experience then figure out what you can hunt there.

As far as whitetails, there are endless opportunities all over the country, vast majority with OTC tags.

You're a lot more likely to receive help of you narrow down your questions a bit. Good luck!

Welcome from Minnesota. South Dakota is a great option. Minnesota has plenty of public land as well and some giants. The southern half public land tends to get pounded but the northern half has a lot less pressure, also a lot lower deer densities!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back