Camo Pattern Help

This thread has some funny schnit lol! Can I pick up a man bun/pattern derek in a BOGO deal somewheres? And, don't get me started on guys with frosted hair....

Gunner, I would have paid you a C note to just be present at that campfire affair, forget about the follow up to it.

Seriously, there's some great observations herein about what works/what doesn't....thank you all.

I used to be one of those that scoffs at the high end camo hunting clothes and wore what I could find on the cheap. My boys all had sitka gear and they took a lot of my ribbing until the day one of my kids bought me some Sitka timberline pants. Game changer for me. Pants that fit, are super comfortable and don't get pushed down over my flat azz by my pack. I bought more items. I can hunt longer and be much more comfortable. I don't get to hot, too cold or too wet. I still don't care much about the camo pattern but have been converted to paying a bit more....or maybe a lot more for quality hunting clothes.

I much prefer functionality and fit over pattern any day. I have a lot of Sitka gear bought on sale or clearance for being last years line or an older pattern

I've been quite successful over the last 40 years wearing no name military surplus camo. I originally started buying dedicated hunting clothing when I was a teen still living at home and mom complained about getting blood out of my good clothes. Did I really need camo? Probably not but I figured if it got ruined or the blood stains didn't come out, who cares because they are only for hunting. Color and pattern are of no consequence as long as it breaks up your outline. An animal seeing your movement will be alarmed whether you are wearing camo or not. Does my camo match? Heck no, and all the dead animals never knew the difference.

Last edited:
I don't wear camo much. I wear stuff because of material and fit and comfort, those 3 things are more important to me than what color/ camo pattern is on them. When it's hot I wear mostly athletic gear and when it's cold I wear wool, it's what works for me.

I, too, am a Sitka believer. I don't think the camo pattern is better than any other, but man is the material functional! Mine is all bought on sale, so I don't match. My brother laughs at me when his Sitka matches and mine doesn't or I wear a Cabelas piece with Sitka. I would highly recommend Sitka, but I wouldn't worry about the camo pattern one bit....with the exception of lightness vs darkness. Don't buy an extremely dark garment if you will be hunting in the snow, etc. Other than that, mix and match!

Interesting, seems there's a very slight lean towards no camo vs sitka (camo gear). Pretty marginal though, not enough to be significant. I'm going rifle hunting at least 2 times this year, I'll make up my mind some time before the first hunt. Factors I'll be thinking about before then will be waterproofing, noise, weight, warmth, comfort, reliability, durability......and....wait for it: how well my outfit coordinates/matches.

Been buying some clothing gear here and there. Because of sales or whatever some it is camo, some not. Being a bit on the tight side, I picked up some King's stuff on sale. Being already familiar with Duluth, I'm looking into those dry on the fly pants, too. Whew, it will be nice to finally through burning $$. Thanks again for the pointers all.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back