PEAX Equipment

2018 Fresh Tracks rifle

beginnerhunter

Did they ever announce what rifle will be used this season? Or will it be a surprise until the episodes are released? Just curious...

Bigfin posted something about .308 not being enough gun for elk and switching over to a .338 RUM

He has shot so many big game animals with that .308 that he has worn out the barrel and now will rebore it to a .338 Federal.

What is a 6.5 MB? 308 not enough for elk so he switched over to a 338? I knew a guy up in Montana when I was stationed there. He got a 7mm mag just for elk. He shot at several but they all got away, he claimed the shots were perfect. To fix the problem he got rid of the 7mm mag and got a 458 win mag! He couldn't shoot it any better than the 7mm mag he had and he had to tape the floor plate to the side's of the rifle because every time he pulled the trigger the floor plate fell open and emptied the magazine on him. He never did kill and elk up there. Shot at a bunch though!

Saw a few episodes with his new bow. More archery this year?
More of him and Cory big game archery grouse hunts. Lol

Thread went a different direction than anticipated but fun as always!

I secretly lust over the Browning Hell's canyon speed in 300 WM.

Dad just bought a Hell's Canyon LR in 300 WM. I picked up my Fierce in 28 Nosler over the weekend. Anxious to get some glass on it and do some shooting.

Yeah this crew can get rolling with some random stuff.

I'd wager that he's still shooting a Howa. I don't know if there is a secret replacement for the Alpine Rifle or if he's still shooting one of those. Since it's early they might have a secret model for him to test and he can't say much

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back