MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Mexico unit 16a elk!

Chet Manley

I was fortunate enough this year to draw an archery tag for unit 16a in the Gila and could not be more excited about it, I've heard amazing things about the Gila in general when it comes to elk. I'm currently looking for some good places to check out and camp before I go out to scout in the coming months. Any help or pointers on the area would be much appreciated!

oh my..the horn rimmed glasses wearing ladies in the forum protocol and etiquette department are coming for you...

Good unit. Throw a dart, hunt where it hits, and there will be elk within 1/2 mile. If it's a first season tag, be ready for company and nocturnal elk after Day 2. Find a place other hunters won't go. Good luck and enjoy!

Just heard a bud drew the 1st bow again this year.....the 5th friend to draw 16a this yr & all repeats.
I know he wanted to gloat...... He found elk right where I told him he would find them last year & ran into no other hunters for his guided guy on the second bow hunt either.
The spot? I found it with a dart...............I will be hit with a dart before I ever draw it. LOL

Wow! Sounds like I struck gold with this unit! I drew the second archery hunt btw. I already have a nice printout of the unit, now it just sounds like I need some darts ;)

Hey #11! #10 here!

So since my season is a month following yours I expect GPS coordinates for the bulls that got away from you : )

JK! But I will be interested in your report on how much water is left in the unit, we have to hope the monsoon season is a good one this summer....

So since my season is a month following yours I expect GPS coordinates for the bulls that got away from you : )

JK! But I will be interested in your report on how much water is left in the unit, we have to hope the monsoon season is a good one this summer....

Hey we double digits have to stick together!

If You can't a great Elk in that unit I would quit Hunting. But don't be to picky. Good Luck...............BOB!

Thanks Bob! Now you're really putting the pressure on me... JK, I'll be sure to post updates to this along with pictures from the hunt!

Dad drew 16a as well. We plan on being out there for 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone else out there as well this season. Will have a quad cab with California plates on it say hi if you see us.

Dad drew 16a as well. We plan on being out there for 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone else out there as well this season. Will have a quad cab with California plates on it say hi if you see us.

Definitely will say hello! Good luck to you guys as well!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back