Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Mavic Air drone, my new scouting partner

• Thread starter MN Public Hunter
  • Start date
And then of course there is Tom's guide. Always a go-to of mine for various electronic based items.

He has a good review for the mavic pro series however this one I focused on the video / cinematic aspects using the Pro.

[video=youtube_share;vUGT9Vfd6kY]https://youtu.be/vUGT9Vfd6kY[/video]

And... This one is amazing! Not that I would ever consider hoisting a drone to this elevation though this is flat-out amazing! I think it's over 8000'!!!
[video=youtube_share;I5izg2cueP4]https://youtu.be/I5izg2cueP4[/video]

Just because I'm on a roll... Here is drone bait dropped surf fishing for tuna. Whoa! Haha! For shnitz n grins... :)

[video=youtube_share;8sdUZqOoAq4]https://youtu.be/8sdUZqOoAq4[/video]

A bit funny how the extreme right embrace things.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Well, in my excitement looking for the biggest bang for my buck, I realized it came with 1 battery. Still a great price and may have still pan out to be one of the best values though not by much... Batteries are another $170 for 2. + DO NOT GET THE INSURANCE FROM BEST BUY!!! Direct through the authorized DJI advertised via DJI was 1/3 the price - $129 (or 169...don't recall the exact). Best Buy originally wanted $450, dropped to $399 to try and keep the sale. Thankfully, I did not. Insurance it a bit of a relief... for the investment. Full replacement - If I can retrieve it. Haha! :D

It IS AMAZING! As much excitement I had to fly it - I was equally excited to land it and store it - to fly another day. Enjoy:

[video=youtube_share;1xMQ0rzUU28]https://youtu.be/1xMQ0rzUU28[/video]

Last edited:
Well, in my excitement looking for the biggest bang for my buck, I realized it came with 1 battery. Still a great price and may have still pan out to be one of the best values though not by much... Batteries are another $170 for 2. + DO NOT GET THE INSURANCE FROM BEST BUY!!! Direct through the authorized DJI advertised via DJI was 1/3 the price - $129 (or 169...don't recall the exact). Best Buy originally wanted $450, dropped to $399 to try and keep the sale. Thankfully, I did not. Insurance it a bit of a relief... for the investment. Full replacement - If I can retrieve it. Haha! :D

It IS AMAZING! As much excitement I had to fly it - I was equally excited to land it and store it - to fly another day. Enjoy:

[video=youtube_share;1xMQ0rzUU28]https://youtu.be/1xMQ0rzUU28[/video]

Nice location to fly !

Thanks guys. Aside from the winter snow pounding the area we really enjoy our location.

One small tidbit about the video, it is really necessary to have a smartphone or tablet with a very high processor speed to keep up with the video. At the end of the video you can see it gets slightly fragmented.
If I recall, the elevation showed approximately 320 ft. This drone has the ability to hold its position even with windy conditions of course to a certain extent however, I am amazed at how much wind it tolerates and the camera gimbal system does not vibrate or joggle around.

Based on the comparative reviews and the fact I am a rookie, this definitely shows how well this drone operates. However, a Mavic Pro 2 is soon to release though there will always be a "soon to release" drone.

I do believe for the cinematic video and photography aspects, it is a fantastic step for retaining physically held memories, as is a camera / video recorder. Scouting off season of the specific game, I believe is possible. I believe it is a bit hypocritical to support banning drone use if that same person supports manned aerial scouting with a 24hr delay to hunt. Though my opinion... Of course, I believe manned/unmanned use should meet minimum elevation for scouting purposes, etc. Currently, I do not believe there are minimal elevation requirements for aeroplanes & helicopters. Also FAA regulates the same for non line of sight / over 400'. License / permits are required, manned or unmanned.

All in all, I look forward to posting up videos as they improve. :)

Also, a great resource for Mavic owners: https://mavicpilots.com

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Aside from the winter snow pounding the area we really enjoy our location.

One small tidbit about the video, it is really necessary to have a smartphone or tablet with a very high processor speed to keep up with the video. At the end of the video you can see it gets slightly fragmented.
If I recall, the elevation showed approximately 320 ft. This drone has the ability to hold its position even with windy conditions of course to a certain extent however, I am amazed at how much wind it tolerates and the camera gimbal system does not vibrate or joggle around.

Based on the comparative reviews and the fact I am a rookie, this definitely shows how well this drone operates. However, a Mavic Pro 2 is soon to release though there will always be a "soon to release" drone.

I do believe for the cinematic video and photography aspects, it is a fantastic step for retaining physically held memories, as is a camera / video recorder. Scouting off season of the specific game, I believe is possible. I believe it is a bit hypocritical to support banning drone use if that same person supports manned aerial scouting with a 24hr delay to hunt. Though my opinion... Of course, I believe manned/unmanned use should meet minimum elevation for scouting purposes, etc. Currently, I do not believe there are minimal elevation requirements for aeroplanes & helicopters. Also FAA regulates the same for non line of sight / over 400'. License / permits are required, manned or unmanned.

All in all, I look forward to posting up videos as they improve. :)

Also, a great resource for Mavic owners: https://mavicpilots.com

Where did you copy the video from? It could be a few different things. Did you preview the video before upload and was the glitch there? I would copy the video from the SD card from the Mavic and disable the cache to the phone, but that's just me. If you uploaded the video from the cache on the phone that could be the issue.

Where did you copy the video from? It could be a few different things. Did you preview the video before upload and was the glitch there? I would copy the video from the SD card from the Mavic and disable the cache to the phone, but that's just me. If you uploaded the video from the cache on the phone that could be the issue.

As I edited the video, it had the slight choppiness at the end... Hmmm, I'll have to research it further as I pulled it from the sd card.

I also have mavic drone and I am totally satisfied. I bought it last year and it's very cool. I'm still learning how to fly it safely :) I have flown it out over the river and marsh a couple of times during my trips. It is more awesome than the ordinary photos of the nature. I know that now there are the mavic mini drones that is perfect for the beginners. You can read here buyersimpact.co.uk about these mini drones. They are easy to use and you can buy it at affordable price. So, if you won't like to use it, you won't regret that you paid a big amount of money.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back