Who put in for an Idaho big three tag?

In for goats. I still don't have a hard on for trophy species, I prefer putting in for the other 3 species. Although the 1 goat hunt I went on was such an adventure.

But I figure I ought to start applying if I ever want to shoot the big 3.

I already got my Idaho moose and couldn't settle on a sheep hunt to try for so I'll apply for deer and elk.

Moose for me as well. Hopefully there is plenty of HuntTalk luck to go around this year.

First year in about 15 I did not do Mtn goat as I thought I would draw in Colo. did not want conflicting Mtn Goat hunts. I drew in Colo so it worked out. Now how about a good deer hunt in Idaho.

NR moose, although I heard on the RichOutdoors podcast I may regret my unit choice. I put in for Unit 51 a guest on that show said he lives near the unit and he would not want the tag. Oh well, I just want the chance to hunt so hopefully I draw.

Kicking myself as I missed the Idaho NR moose deadline. I'll be heading back for OTC elk anyway.

Attempt #15 for NR moose. Given our crazy crammed calendar for this year, I suspect this will be the year lightning strikes.

years past it would be this week(last year it was the 17th). But its a new contractor this year that had problems with the bear and turkey draws so I'm not holding my breath for this week.

Moose tag for me. 1 in 12 shot for nonresidents in the unit last year. I'm really hoping to draw! Results should be out in a few days I imagine.

Moose tag for me. 1 in 12 shot for nonresidents in the unit last year. I'm really hoping to draw! Results should be out in a few days I imagine.

There are no NR tags guaranteed in any specific Big 3 unit. The 1 in 12 odds for that particular unit in 2017 could have easily been 0 in 12 if the applications were drawn in a slightly different order in 2017. Avoiding units that show heavy application pressure year after year is likely to improve a NR applicant's odds but the 10% cap double hurdle still makes the NR odds way worse than 1 in 12 for any moose unit in 2018. Idaho has a two-hurdle process to be awarded a tag as a NR. The NR application first has to be selected out of the combined pool of R and NR applications. When the NR application is selected then a NR tag is only awarded when the 10% cap for the species is not yet met plus the 10% NR cap per unit is not yet exceeded.

Back