3 year old Miracle!

publichunter1

So I took my boys to catch me some bluegill to eat yesterday and they did a dandy job for a little while.

31718287_10156265251390539_1054372908769476608_n.jpg

Then my 3 year old (although he's bigger than a normal three year old) sets the hook with his Zebco 33, 8 pound line, and bream hook and the drag just starts screaming. After a heck of a fight the result ended up being a bass bigger than a lot of adults have caught. We were all tickled to death.

31676570_10156265251525539_9091501023150735360_n.jpg

Excellent Fish that an impressive feat on that setup considering the rod, reel, hook, and line!

what would you estimate that bass weighs?

She was just shy of 27" long and weighed 9.05lbs even though she had already spawned. Sorry the picture doesn't quite do her justice but I was to excited to worry with taking a better one.

She's still alive and swimming in the lake again.

She was just shy of 27" long and weighed 9.05lbs even though she had already spawned. Sorry the picture doesn't quite do her justice but I was to excited to worry with taking a better one.

She's still alive and swimming in the lake again.

terrific fish. I was going to guess at least 6 and maybe 10 lb. the southern bass tend to run a lot bigger. Bet that caused some excitement

terrific fish. I was going to guess at least 6 and maybe 10 lb. the southern bass tend to run a lot bigger. Bet that caused some excitement

Yeah it doesn't help I'm 6'4" and 230. We just took a couple pics, measured, weighed, and then released her. I can assure you there was a lot of excitement and high fiving going on.

Think he'll be meh'n those measly 5 pounders now?;)

Congrats, that had to be a blast to experience.

I know how that kid feels. He's gonna fish forever now. :)

Nice work dad! Thanks for passing the traditions on.

Good show dad! He'll probably be leaving the bream to you and brother from now on whilst he goes huntin' the big'uns...
'Trophy hunter' now.

Thanks guys. Definitely something none of us will forget anytime soon. I am loving getting home from work and being constantly asked to go fishing again. Makes my heart happy.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back