Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Spring Bear Hunting

Saw 4 tonight, however its likely one was the same from earlier in the day. A shot was fired but no bear at the end. It was a bruiser. One of these days it will come together for her.

Well its been a up and down season for us . It's sad to say it's over, I'm still wondering what happened to my wifes bear that night ?
I would like to Thank everybody for posting ..good or bad news . It seems like it was a tough year at first and then it was Amazing !! My wife and I couldn't believe how fast things change .
We ended up with out a Bear but the hunt was just a great time with my wife .
Best of luck to the ones out tonight !!
It's just to close to baby time with my Daughter to take off to the honey hole !! It will be fall when we try to get back on the Bear hunt !!

Thanks for following along with this Spring Bear Hunt !!

I was just looking at the Bear Guide and found unit 200 is still open till June 15 ..anybody spend anytime in that country? I'm thinking of a crazy run over there to look for a Bear .
Any thought's ?? Good country for Bears ?? It stops st the Idaho border .
Thanks for any help out there !!

7 Days of hunting,
The only 2 we saw we decided to give to our camp neighbors from North Dakota a father with his 7/11 yo kids on their first Bear Hunt. They got them both 5-600 yds out. All their practice paid off, and it was very rewarding seeing their excitement.

Darn it I guess now I have to try again in the fall.

7 Days of hunting,
The only 2 we saw we decided to give to our camp neighbors from North Dakota a father with his 7/11 yo kids on their first Bear Hunt. They got them both 5-600 yds out. All their practice paid off, and it was very rewarding seeing their excitement.

Darn it I guess now I have to try again in the fall.

It seems like experienced hunters and even experienced locals have a hard time filling their black bear tag in Montana inside a week. Seems like a good place to go if you live there anyways.

Still no bears. I saw a handful of mulies which was odd because I've never seen deer in this area before. The mosquitoes were terrible.

Attachments

• 20180608_194857.jpg
    20180608_194857.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 215
Still no bears. I saw a handful of mulies which was odd because I've never seen deer in this area before. The mosquitoes were terrible.

Hang in there ! You just never know when a big one will just show up ! I agree with you on the skeeters, they have been drawing my blood at work every day!!
Best of luck to you !!

Scroll down. They do have bear info as well. The first pops up with the usual elk, deer, etc. Below is the bear , etc.

Well, crud. I took a shot at a big cinnabar Saturday evening. I ranged him at 308yds, but it was windy and my heart was pounding; shot right over his back. ):

I don't consider myself a judge of bears but he looked big. I went down to where he was standing and actually found where the bullet hit the ground. No blood no hair. He left a trail of destruction when he ran out of the clearing, so I was able to track him 150 yards or so until I lost the trail in the creek bottom. Never found any sign that he was hit. I'd feel a lot worse about it if there was a question in my mind about whether or not he was hit, but its still disappointing. I guess there's always the fall. And next year.

Well, crud. I took a shot at a big cinnabar Saturday evening. I ranged him at 308yds, but it was windy and my heart was pounding; shot right over his back. ):

I don't consider myself a judge of bears but he looked big. I went down to where he was standing and actually found where the bullet hit the ground. No blood no hair. He left a trail of destruction when he ran out of the clearing, so I was able to track him 150 yards or so until I lost the trail in the creek bottom. Never found any sign that he was hit. I'd feel a lot worse about it if there was a question in my mind about whether or not he was hit, but its still disappointing. I guess there's always the fall. And next year.

Thanks for Sharing !
I feel your pain ..our spring was great , but no bear just some amazing stories !
Best of luck to you in the Fall !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back