Montana Spring Bear Hunting

Enlighten me...I live near by and have been applying. Seems like some nice deer up there, and not much pressure (50 or 75 tags I think?) Added info appreciated...

I don't want to get off the bear topic but my 2 cents is it's a complete waste sure there are some decent deer but not worth wasting a season on or a tag. Good luck

I don't want to get off the bear topic but my 2 cents is it's a complete waste sure there are some decent deer but not worth wasting a season on or a tag. Good luck

I understand your thoughts . I had a friend draw the tag a few years back and ended with out a buck . Lots of other places to get a nice Buck , with a general tag .
You have to put the boots on and take a hike and most don't do it . I haven't put in for the Bridger tag since .

Ok now Back to the Bears !!
We are headed out in the morning !
Can't beat a wife that's ready to go Bear hunting on Mothers day !!
300 Rum is ready to go !

Good luck perch...... it's gonna open up and become lights out soon. I'm 0 for 6 slowest start I've had. Can't get much better then having a wife wanting to go out for mothers day. You sure it's her or have you had a little wish too haha. Good luck to you guys. Post pics!

Thanks !
We are 0 for 3 . My wife loves to Hunt Black Bear more than any other animal ! She is first on the trigger !
Best of luck to ya EYJONAS !!

Good luck MT.PERCHMAN and EYJONAS! Hope to see you guys connect with a bear this season. Still a bit too much snow and no grass in my bear hunt spot.

Ok guys , spent 9 hrs today out looking for a bear, what a tough day ! Lots of hiking , we hit two new places with not even a trace of Scat ...
We did see some whitetail deer and some Elk... just tough hunting so far .
We did manage to get a few ticks also !!
Back at it Soon !

Lots of snow still in my known bear spots. I slogged through mud and snow up to one little glass point, but didn't stay long. I went down lower where the grass is green and several creeks converge in thick willows below a timbered ridge. I saw 6 moose and probably 200 elk, no bears. I'm hunting mainly the Pintlars and Highlands, both of which had hellacious winters.

I got lucky we hunted hard for 5 days. This was the only bear we seen. Did see a ton of ticks though.

Attachments

• IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 480
Starting to see fresh bear tracks and bear scat around here! Will head out tonight after today's Fleecer WMA horseback ride.

Congrats on the bear Cullboss!

img-0.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder why we don't have an early Bear season in NC?

Is this a Western thing or reserved to only a few states?

I wonder why we don't have an early Bear season in NC?

Is this a Western thing or reserved to only a few states?

That's on your state's game commission but I'm sure there is some major opposition. Technically yes it's a western states thing but several western states don't have spring hunts...Colorado is one and possibly NM, CA, and NV though I haven't researched that.

Man, this time of year is pretty tough. The weather's getting nice, the snow is clearing out; I'm always really wanting to get out there and bear hunt. But the kids are doing a hundred different things, work is getting busier, and it seems like all I can do is work and take my kids to and from one activity or another. It can be frustrating.

I'll stop whining now.

Man, this time of year is pretty tough. The weather's getting nice, the snow is clearing out; I'm always really wanting to get out there and bear hunt. But the kids are doing a hundred different things, work is getting busier, and it seems like all I can do is work and take my kids to and from one activity or another. It can be frustrating.

I'll stop whining now.

Thats why I no longer have a wife and stay abstinent

I'll stop whining now.

You could consider donating your children to the circus. They would still get to travel around to many activities. You would free up time for hunting. You'd save a lot of money and work less. All problems solved.

You could consider donating your children to the circus. They would still get to travel around to many activities. You would free up time for hunting. You'd save a lot of money and work less. All problems solved.

I might look into that. I'm pretty sure my kids are at least half monkey anyway. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back