Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana Spring Bear Hunting

MT.PERCHMAN

Well took my wife out Sunday for a little Bear hunting . Put some miles on the boots but no Bear . We did get lucky though ...we both found some Mushrooms and a few Ticks !
It was great to get out anyway . Back at it soon !
I will post as the Progress unfolds !
Good luck all !!

Anybody know anything we can spray on our clothes before heading out ? My wife just sent me a text and found another one . Amazing we were out on Sunday and still finding them .
Thanks for any help .

Anybody know anything we can spray on our clothes before heading out ? My wife just sent me a text and found another one . Amazing we were out on Sunday and still finding them .
Thanks for any help .

permethrin

Well took my wife out Sunday for a little Bear hunting . Put some miles on the boots but no Bear . We did get lucky though ...we both found some Mushrooms and a few Ticks !
It was great to get out anyway . Back at it soon !
I will post as the Progress unfolds !
Good luck all !!

Morels?

I’ve been excited for chasing bears myself. Went out today midway between Eureka and Kalispell and found some scat but no bears. Going to go out tomorrow mid morning and again Thursday evening at some spots that I saw bears last year.

In the Seeley area the USFS is not opening any of the roads that normally open May 1st. We still have a lot of snow and the water is running everywhere. Been one Black Bear spotted in the Double Arrow and a report of 5 Grizzly's in the valley. It's early in our area.

Dan

I’m heading out soon for spring Bear from Iowa, has anybody hunted the Big Belt Mtns, Townsend area for bear and should I try this area or just head up to Trout Creek or Libby area.
Only saw 1 Black last year 2 weeks hunting, 5 grizzlies thou.

The Yaak & Fisher rivers area currently at or near flood stage in the Libby/Troy area. Lots of run off to come.

Dan

Gonna be a tough hunt for ya this year Coyot-n, we’ve had a hell of a winter and as you can see from the comments the melting runoff is off the charts, roads closed, etc...

mmm, morels. Showed this to my wife, she is headed out tomorrow and see what she finds, soil temps are getting close here. Bears on Friday for us in 380, little scouting and little bear, and quite possibly a lot of shroom hunting.

Thanks for any help .

I think it's a bad year for the ticks. I has 11 on me from a 2 mile turkey hunt walk last Sunday.

I think it's a bad year for the ticks. I has 11 on me from a 2 mile turkey hunt walk last Sunday.

I mean.... is any year a good year with ticks? Lol. Every spring bear hunt seems guys are covered up in them. I've had really good luck treating all my gear and clothing with permethrin, have only picked a couple off of me last 4 spring bear hunts.

I mean.... is any year a good year with ticks? Lol. Every spring bear hunt seems guys are covered up in them. I've had really good luck treating all my gear and clothing with permethrin, have only picked a couple off of me last 4 spring bear hunts.

I have some permethrin for thee horses and planned to prep my clothing for this trip... You just handle the dilution and sponge your clothing or?

I have some permethrin for thee horses and planned to prep my clothing for this trip... You just handle the dilution and sponge your clothing or?

The permethrin for the horses would need to be diluted. Not sure what ratio, because the directions on the bottle will be the recommendation for horses. Once you get that figured out, you could use a spray bottle for application. I've sprayed horses before. It may be the same thing, but I'd be leery of using it on my clothes.

The kind I use is already in an aerosol can like a can of Off. The instructions say to spray the clothes and let it dry before putting them on. I don't like messing around with chemicals, so I buy the kind that's ready to use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back