Idaho Controlled Hunts

griff536

The application period starts today. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Special Deer Elk and Pronghorn is what griff is referring to.

Sorry, that may have come off a bit more abrasive than I intended. Just pointing out that MSG had closed.

I checked on the unit I wanted to try to draw and the odds of winning the lottery were better as a non-resident. I will hold on to my $15 and put it towards a over the counter tag if I can't draw in my home state. Some day I will have residency in ID and won't have to worry about it, until then I deal with Utah and their whole mess.

Good luck using the new web interface to apply for tags. I ran into a couple of issues with it and the IDFG quickly fixed the issues. If there are any errors I highly encourage applicants to contact IDFG so they can be patched. Good luck!!!!

What's the best units to put in for? Can't blame a poor NR for tryin right;)

In all seriousness, I was looking to add another state to my arsenal of NR apps, it came down to ID or NV, and ID made the cut. Looking forward to giving the controlled hunts a try.

What's the best units to put in for? Can't blame a poor NR for tryin right;)

In all seriousness, I was looking to add another state to my arsenal of NR apps, it came down to ID or NV, and ID made the cut. Looking forward to giving the controlled hunts a try.

Comes down to what you want to chase after, preferred season, are you going for a long shot on a trophy tag, or an easier tag to fill freezer?

Comes down to what you want to chase after, preferred season, are you going for a long shot on a trophy tag, or an easier tag to fill freezer?

These are my requirements for a tag:

- 100% draw
- 100% success
- B&C animals only please
- The unit must have great public access
- I would prefer not to have to get out of the truck, its friggin cold out there..

Thanks in advance.
-

These are my requirements for a tag:

- 100% draw
- 100% success
- B&C animals only please
- The unit must have great public access
- I would prefer not to have to get out of the truck, its friggin cold out there..

Thanks in advance.
-

You need to put in for unit 39. Everything listed. Unlimited access, animals, and of course success. Best recommendation I think you will ever receive.

It's only cold when you need to roll down the window to shoot, but you can always turn your heater on high when that part happens. Usually day one, hour one of opening day.

You need to put in for unit 39. Everything listed. Unlimited access, animals, and of course success. Best recommendation I think you will ever receive.

It's only cold when you need to roll down the window to shoot, but you can always turn your heater on high when that part happens. Usually day one, hour one of opening day.

Perfect! The only thing I want cold is my beer while I'm out there.

Back