MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New to the forum! Nice to meet everyone!

SamirkUSMC

Hello! My name is Samir and I've spent a lot of time listening and reading all things Hunt Talk and I finally joined the forum. About time, I know. I'm 32 and I moved to Montana from Indiana a few years ago. I always wanted to hunt and do outdoorsy things, but it's not easy to start a lot of these activities unless you know someone that already does it (like your friends/family) and is willing to take you. Sometimes you just have to get old enough and start doing that stuff on your own, which is what I did when I moved to Montana. I served in the Marine Corps and spend most of my time in southeast Asia and the middle east. That's when I realized my love for roughing it and "embracing the suck", and that really helps when it comes to hunting. Upon returning to civilian life, I felt a void and wanted to just "get back in the field". I didn't know many people in Montana (still don't - I work from home now) so I don't have many hunting buddies. Most of my adventures are solo, which probably isn't the best way to learn anything, let alone anything in the backcountry. Even so, I feel like I've really grown in my hunting abilities because of the Hunt Talk platform. If it weren't for the vast knowledge that's shared here, I don't think I ever would've come within 50 yards of a nice public land bull elk. I didn't get the job done, but I got really close during late archery season, and man, getting that close was cool on its own. Of course, I still have loads to learn and I look forward to doing so via this forum.

I'm a senior data analyst for a reputable oil analysis company, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about hunting most of the day.

It's nice to meet everyone and thanks for sharing your wisdom. Good luck out there!

Uncle Sam's misguided Children are always welcome here. :hump:

I'm in the Great Falls area, but I frequent Helena and Bozeman every few months or so.

Loads of support! Glad to be here!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back