Food in Billings?

R.K.

Any suggestions on where to go? I'll have some time to kill in the very immediate future.

Uber brew, Montana Brewing Company/Hooligans, India Grill, The Divide, The Burger Dive, The Vig, Rib Chop, Montana Club

Nicer places: The Lilac, Walkers, Jakes, Julianos, Fieldhouse, TEN, ;) Pizza Ranch ;)

Favorites in Bold

Steak at Jakes, Meatloaf sandwich or snitzel at Uber. Side of beer cheese
I’m always amazed how good Ubers food is for the price

Breakfast: Bernie’s or Stella’s

There are many other good places. These are just the ones that came to mind right away.

Last edited:
Local Kitchen & Bar is one of our favorites. We also like Seva Kitchen downtown. And you can't go wrong with the Burger Dive.

Zydeco (Cajun) located on Montana Ave. or Blues BBQ off of Hilltop in the Heights. You can get a good steak at Montana Club or Bull Mountain Grill. Just some ideas. T

Texas Road house is good

LOL, I have stopped there on 3 different occasions on my way thru. Sat at the table/booth for a min of 10 min, almost 20 minutes on another occasion.
No waitress/waiter, no service. Walked out each time and went else where.
You may get served there but I would not expect it to happen in a timely fashion.

This is the reason I love forums.

Thanks for the advice- definitely loved the places I went. With any luck, I'll have to find a place to rent out here soon.

I was in Billings 2 weeks for work last summer and got to explore many of the local eateries. I liked Walker's, Dickey's, 406 Taproom, and Crazy Mary's. After living in downtown Baltimore for a decade, I was surprised how sketchy parts of Billings were.

I was in Billings 2 weeks for work last summer and got to explore many of the local eateries. I liked Walker's, Dickey's, 406 Taproom, and Crazy Mary's. After living in downtown Baltimore for a decade, I was surprised how sketchy parts of Billings were.

There are definitely places to be careful and others just to avoid. The Rainbow bar on Montana is a good place to people watch, maybe see a fight, but most likely go home alive if you are nice to others.

Don’t go to Lees saloon on S 27th.

My cousins first week moving here, he watched a guy empty a mag on another guy and his car right on broadway in front of what is now Daisy Dukes. ( a decent college bar)

In my first two years here, my garage was burglarized and a brand new Polaris ranger and trailer stolen and never recovered. More than those two things, what pisses me of the most is the number of snow shovels that have disappeared from the back of my truck. Only 2 this last winter. I attribute that to them mostly being covered by snow!!

A car is stolen every 10 hours. It ain’t Mayberry that’s for damn sure.

Last edited:
Don't know much about Billings but had to go there for work a few times in the last couple weeks. If it aint broke don't fix it, so we've eaten at the Burger Dive everytime. That place has nailed down how to make a delicious burger. My favorite so far is the Blackened Sabbath Burger.

Burger Dive.
Last time through, me and my buddy and his two teenage boys walked in and a table full of people right inside the door started whispering and pointing "there's some locals"... (we wear cowboy hats most of the time?) That same visit, a woman and another young family each asked if they could take our picture...

I heard Planet Lockwood has some good food...if you're into that.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back