Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New Member fairly new hunter

Checkettschris

First post on a forum and I put it someone else’s intro post. I’ll try this again.Name is Chris Checketts, 42 and live in Spring Texas. New to hunting in general. I’ve chased dove and ducks for past few years in Texas and with a friend in Arkansas on his properties. Going after my first deer on a tag I drew in unit 23 in Mew Mexico. Should be interesting, seeing as I haven’t even grocery shopped a deer under a Texas feeder. Really looking forward to it though. Going with some guys that have some experience just not in that unit. I’ve had quite a few debacles going after squirrels and pigs on Texas public lands, but has all been fun. Wish I had found hunting earlier but I’m here now. Learned quite a bit listening to podcasts and reading. Sure it will all go out the window when I’m actually out there. Doing the best I can to acquire the right gear and become a proficient shooter. Priority is to make sure I can make a good ethical shot from any situation. Look forward to learning and interacting with other hunters. This endeavor sure is a pricey one but has been a hell of a lot of fun at the same time. Thanks

Welcome! I'm sure you'll have a great time and come back with some stories and hopefully a bit of meat. It's never too late to start hunting. Never take a shot you aren't 100% comfortable with, even if you have people behind you telling you to pull the trigger. Good luck down there.

Welcome!making mistakes and learning new ways are the gateway to hunting and ethics in the outdoors.
learn as you go, and pass it on for future generations.Good luck!..and give em' hell!
Born in the desert,raised by Javelina dirtclod AZ.

Welcome to the forum. I, too, am an adult onset hunter. Going with others with more experience is the best way to learn. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back