Caribou Gear Tarp

Dog collars

Sytes

I picked up Garmin BarkLimiter, Advance Correction Technology electric collar. With a bloodhound neck, any suggestions how to keep it in place? Do the points press closer to the jaw bone or base of the neck?

You would think living in the country on over 10 acres, outskirts along the county line, this would not be an issue however, County ordinance is not specific to the tight, house to house residential zoned city living...
Have a new out of state city gent move in and not a word spoken other than thanks for our assistance with snow removal... And an "anonymous" complaint over my hound's bark.

I don't plan on using this except on rare occasions such as taking one of the other dogs to the vet. That will get my hound a bit vocal.

So it is what it is...

Last edited:
Strap the collar on, and grab the scruff of the neck and pull all loose skin down. The Collar strap should be sitting high on the neck, with the body of the collar below their chin. You should be able to fit 2 fingers under the strap of the collar between the collar and the dog's neck. It should be tight, but not two tight.

I would keep it up higher on his neck and in the front or just off center, closer to his voice box. Maybe a hound is different, but if I get it high enough on my lab's neck(the collar runs almost right behind his ears) it stays put way better. I usually put it on fairly snug then pull his skin down and then tighten just a touch more.

I have used the bark collars and they certainly work. My pooches are more indoor than outdoor these days so I switched to the Petsafe "bark eliminator". Put it near the front door with a 9 volt battery and it will make them stop barking. Easiest thing ever. I cant believe an outdoor model would be just as effective (especially for an occasional barker).

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back