E-Scouting Question

CiK

I am probably asking the dumbest question ever, but can somebody explain what I am seeing. The fences keep popping up across large swaths of ground in other locations I am researching.

Two sources say its public land on national forest. Are fences on national forest land normal?

Presentation1.jpg

Lots of fences on public lands. Required to comply with the rotational grazing requirements of many of the public land grazing allotments. You will see them on USFS and BLM.

Some public areas have facilities for horses, too. I know there’s a similar structure in one of the areas I have been scouting, meant for loading/unloading and overnighting horses.

Thanks for the replies. Are these areas a person should avoid for the most part? Too much traffic? I see elk being more agile than cattle. Can these fences affect their travel patterns much?

IMO, The road through the middle is way more concerning than the fences, and cattle are more agile than you would think.....

Agree. I follow the roads to their ends and see if there is wide open space available to me. I just zoom in to a certain altitude and fly over it with GE until I reach what I believe is the last of the drivable area and then zoom out to see if its worth the drive. I just keep running across these fences and then this building in this area.

Also look at what roads are open and closed. There are many of these that are no longer in use, and could be behind locked gates.

The North Star- are you on monster muleys? If so, I want to hear how your hunt in Idaho went. We talked about the area.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back