Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT 380-20 Tag

Made it to town again, ended up buying the Leica's in the end, I just could not see a difference with my old eyes between them and the Swaro's. Figure the 900 in cost difference can make up the shaky warranty down the road if need be.

I handed down my old Leica 8x32's to my youngest son 5 years ago when I bought new Leica 10x50's, I really like Leica bino's, I think you will be happy with your purchase , good luck this fall!!

Not gonna lie, I'm jealous of you! I have been applying for that tag for 16 years and haven't drawn it yet. Ill send you a PM on a couple areas to check out.

Thanks mountain, I am really happy with the Leica's, just had a friend over glassing up the antelope about a half mile from house, he was quite impressed. Have noticed that I don't switch over to the spotter near as often just here at the house as I can make out the details with the bino's, really like that.

Thanks for the PM huntinfool, will reply with more detail shortly. I too have been applying 16 years, your turn should be soon!

Something interesting that will have an impact down the road for future 380 hunters I suspect, on way to work today was a black wolf hit on I90 2 miles east of Three Forks. That would have put him into the horse shoe hills if he was headed north, which I live in the foot hills, but is also only about 4 miles east of the south east corner of 380. In talking with a friend here at work, they have seen two wolves at the Milligan Canyon exit area in the last month, that is the south central border of 380. Afraid they are moving in to that unit as well now, will have my wolf tag come fall for sure.

Something interesting that will have an impact down the road for future 380 hunters I suspect, on way to work today was a black wolf hit on I90 2 miles east of Three Forks. That would have put him into the horse shoe hills if he was headed north, which I live in the foot hills, but is also only about 4 miles east of the south east corner of 380. In talking with a friend here at work, they have seen two wolves at the Milligan Canyon exit area in the last month, that is the south central border of 380. Afraid they are moving in to that unit as well now, will have my wolf tag come fall for sure.

Very interesting - you found it on the side of the road?

I didn't find it per se, MHP cr was sitting there with lights flashing in eastbound lane, i was westbound, when i looked over to see why he was stopped on passing lane side, I saw it.

I knew about the griz, but have never seen any wolf sign in the Elkhorns, thanks for that bit of info.

I didn't find it per se, MHP cr was sitting there with lights flashing in eastbound lane, i was westbound, when i looked over to see why he was stopped on passing lane side, I saw it.

I knew about the griz, but have never seen any wolf sign in the Elkhorns, thanks for that bit of info.

onelion,

Are you sure it was wolf? There was a dead black angus calf laying there yesterday that had been hit.

There are definitely wolves in the elkhorns currently.

carnage, i can't guarantee it, but my half open, coffee lacking, 6:00 AM eyes thought wolf at first glance at 70 mph. Running it back through my head now, this would have been just east of the small stream overpass between three forks and Logan. Still seeing large black dog, really long legged, but as said, i am not highly functional on Monday mornings going to work.

I don't catch much news, or tv of any kind for that matter, nice pic tho!

Of course whatever it was, it is gone now, and not a cattle herd within 1.6 miles of where I saw it. Maybe I should have got eyes checked instead of buying Leica's, don't want to end up being the guy that tagged out on a llama or anything........

We saw the same dead animal on the interstate on Saturday as we moved our daughter back from MSU. A big black dead animal, from a distance I thought possibly bear, but it had a big old tail and distinctly dog like head. My wife got a better and longer look as I was driving, but she said "wolf!" instantly. Maybe the aliens picked it up, or maybe they dropped it off?

We saw the same dead animal on the interstate on Saturday as we moved our daughter back from MSU. A big black dead animal, from a distance I thought possibly bear, but it had a big old tail and distinctly dog like head. My wife got a better and longer look as I was driving, but she said "wolf!" instantly. Maybe the aliens picked it up, or maybe they dropped it off?

Or maybe the neighbors dog.

I shot a very nice bull on November 4 last year. The best advice I can give you - which was told to me at this site was, one do not chase ghost and two learn a couple of areas well and hunt them- remember the elk will not be in the same place in July that they are in September of November. I to did lots of scouting but for me I had never hunted the Elk Horns and just driving all of the roads is a task in and of itself. And as you may already know the roads in the Elk Horns are nasty with sharp rocks. Contrary to some advice I found lots of elk including bulls on public land. Here is a pic of my bull and pic of a bull that I believe survived the season. IMG_1832.jpg

spokane hills bull #1.jpg
spokane hills bull #2.jpg

If you would like to contact me-I will tell you all that I learned and where I hunted. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get a bull of a life time I know I did.

Awesome bull addict! Thanks for the thoughts on focusing on a smaller areas. Will shoot you a PM shortly.

was out with the wife last friday, didn't find any bears, but saw a lot of deer, and a few elk, the 3 bulls we saw all had a few feet of antler growth already. only 101 days until bow season :)

Started shooting the bow today, still hits where I point it, so the bow is fine, just my old shaky bones that cause some small grouping issues. Haven't shot past 50, don't believe that should be needed with bulls that like to talk, at least I hope.....

So the best laid plans get monkey wrenches tossed in on occasion. While i still have tons of time off, the wife has taken a new job, in Alaska, like the arctic circle AK, so she will be on a 4 week on, 2 week off schedule....

That leaves me with team Meathead to help hunt most of the season. Anyone sees me, I should be easy to spot with my posse of helpers, meet team Meathead......

Team_Meathead.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back