PEAX Equipment

Marsupial bino harness and range finder pouch, Pro/Cons

blue devil

I am looking at getting a Marsupial bino harness for my vortex 10x42 binos and the rangefinder pouch. Do they get in the way when packing, shooting rifle, bow hunting?

I have the same binos in my marsupial harness, but I do not have a range finder pouch. I have been bow hunting and rifle hunting and am very pleased with the harness. Keeps binos close to chest, no problem getting in the way of stings even when I went out later in the year with heavery clothing.

There are no minuses to the Marsupial harness. I used the Badlands, then Kuiu, then FHF, now Marsupial. The Marsupial is the only one that actually works one handed 100% of the time. Their sizing is spot on as well. Darn happy and wished I had done it earlier.

Marsupial and pouch only used them playing around so far but the gear stays tight to my chest .

I have the Alaskan Guide Creations. Also have good and bad things about the whole concept. Good - keeps binos out of the nasty conditions. Bad - they seem to still be in the way. I would recommend that you not go with the extra bells and whistles. In my case that is extra storage. Just go with a bare marsupial harness, the extra storage on the sides and bottom just get in my way.

My range finder and pouch can go on one of the chest straps instead of hanging on my front.

Eric.MN, what size do you have in the harness? I would think small, but could be wrong? Thanks

I have the same binos in my marsupial harness, but I do not have a range finder pouch. I have been bow hunting and rifle hunting and am very pleased with the harness. Keeps binos close to chest, no problem getting in the way of stings even when I went out later in the year with heavery clothing.

I am on the fence between the Marsupial and FHF harness. I like the simplicity and lower profile design of the Marsupial harness, but the option to attach bear spray or a pistol to the FHF harness appeals to me.

I recently bought the bino harness and range finder pouch. This is my first fully enclosed bino harness and I did quite a bit of research before I decided to go with the Marsupial. I haven’t got to shoot a bow or rifle while wearing it yet but from what I can tell I can’t see it being an issue. So far I have been really impressed with it.

Fhf opens the wrong way for me. Lid had to be stuffed between chest and harness to keep it out of the way or tucked inside with the binos. The lid didn't like either option. Other than that and a bit short on length, a good setup.

Eric.MN, what size do you have in the harness? I would think small, but could be wrong? Thanks

Yes i do have the small size, fits my 10x42’s perfectly. Nice and snug, they don’t bounce around in there if you had to hustle.

I am on the fence between the Marsupial and FHF harness. I like the simplicity and lower profile design of the Marsupial harness, but the option to attach bear spray or a pistol to the FHF harness appeals to me.

Agreed. If Marsupial had the molle attachment like the FHF has I would buy one in a heartbeat

I just got back from a spring Grizzly hunt and the Marsupial bino harness was excellent ! My 10x42 Steiner Hx fit the small size perfectly and the factory Leupold range finder case attached to the harness worked fine. I wish the harness had a back web but the binoc case was great. Overall A rating !

I don't have any intell on the Marsupial, but with all the good reviews I ended up ordering one. Was looking to get a bino harness, just didn't know which ones were good.

I just bought a new Sitka harness for my 12x50s so far I'm pretty impressed.

Just got the Marsupial bino harness in the mail today first impression is that it's really well made. Attached the binoculars and put the harness on doesn't get in the way at all, glad I bought it.

As did I. I just received it last night and will be wearing it around this weekend to see how it goes. My first impression was the same as it seems to be very well made. Thanks for all the help everyone!
Just got the Marsupial bino harness in the mail today first impression is that it's really well made. Attached the binoculars and put the harness on doesn't get in the way at all, glad I bought it.

I got a marsupial last year. So far I like it, only complaint is I wish the material had a soft exterior to be more quiet. Ordered a medium from Shednecks. Was great fit for my Leupold 10x50's and a snug fit for my Maven 9x45's. Huge upgrade from the models I had in the past.

http://shednecks.com/marsupial-binocular-pack/

I've also had the crooked horn bino shield which was not bad but did not keep the binocualrs as secure as the marsupial.

As well as the S-4 which was one of the worst out there IMO.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back