Hello from Western Colorado

Pelican

Hello Everyone,

After lurking here for several years, I figured it was time I start contributing. Like most of the other folks on here, I probably spend way too much time thinking about hunting until season rolls around in four more long months. I spend most of my time chasing various bird species with my pooch and mix in some big game hunting when I can. I have lived in western Colorado for only a few years so I am still in exploration mode trying to find that mythical basin filled deer the size of elk, elk the size of bison and blue grouse the size of ostrich.

I lives in Grand Junction for several years. Fishing on Grand Mesa is out of this world. Also they have imported moose to Grand Mesa and they have a draw hunt not sure how easy to get a tag but it's an awesome option. That basin full of elk your looking for is off the free way and head North of Parachute seen some impressive heard in that area. Best of luck your in one of the best spots in the world if you like the outdoors

Welcome! GJ resident here myself. Several of us ought to get together for cold drinks and hunting lies! I love waking up to the sounds of 3-shot volleys along the river in the waterfowl seasons and get infinitely amused at my neighbors who complain about it.
Dave

Thanks Hunt Talkers. Apparently I am not smart enough to figure out how to reply to multiple posts with quotes so this is my work around.
fishing4sanity - Nope, I don't think my dog can fetch a ostrich. She draws the line at turkeys
Elkduds - I'll give Greta a slap on the tail for you
B-low Zero - don't worry about the typos, i can't spell either. I had to look up how to spell ostrich yesterday.
davinski - I may be interested in a western CO cold beverage get together.

Welcome! GJ resident here myself. Several of us ought to get together for cold drinks and hunting lies! I love waking up to the sounds of 3-shot volleys along the river in the waterfowl seasons and get infinitely amused at my neighbors who complain about it.
Dave

Now there is an idea with merit. I live on East Orchard Mesa, at the top of the hill.

Fred

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back